La Fleche Owners? Considering...

So in NC, you have to be NPIP certified to ship eggs, which I am not. Does anyone know a way around this? Because it’s a little too rich for my blood lol.
I am getting four eggs a day from them right now. Will be incubating some soon too! 😍
I heard you dont need papers for chicks intended to be used for meat (not sure how true that is though).

So in NC, you have to be NPIP certified to ship eggs, which I am not. Does anyone know a way around this? Because it’s a little too rich for my blood lol.
I am getting four eggs a day from them right now. Will be incubating some soon too! 😍

Where are you finding this information? I'm trying to look into the legal requirements and all I can find is this page:

https://www.ncagr.gov/vet/Licenses/eggdealr.htm

I don't think it applies to you unless you intend to sell more than 250 hatching eggs per month; if you look at the application, it says that "Hatching Egg Dealer License-Applicable only if more than 250 hatching eggs per month are being sold"

This could only apply to intrastate (vs interstate) commerce but I can't find anything else.

I'd call the number on that page and ask about the requirements, because if you're small volume you may be entirely exempt! :wee

Where are you finding this information? I'm trying to look into the legal requirements and all I can find is this page:

https://www.ncagr.gov/vet/Licenses/eggdealr.htm

I don't think it applies to you unless you intend to sell more than 250 hatching eggs per month; if you look at the application, it says that "Hatching Egg Dealer License-Applicable only if more than 250 hatching eggs per month are being sold"

This could only apply to intrastate (vs interstate) commerce but I can't find anything else.

I'd call the number on that page and ask about the requirements, because if you're small volume you may be entirely exempt! :wee
Every state has laws about selling hatching eggs or live birds out of statelines. You have to be NPIP in all of them otherwise you can get in trouble if you're caught

Every state has laws about selling hatching eggs or live birds out of statelines. You have to be NPIP in all of them otherwise you can get in trouble if you're caught

I understand that, I'm just trying to find the specific statutes as often times if you do under a certain amount or meet certain requirements, you're exempt from a lot of things--for example when it comes to egg sales, as long as you are selling where the eggs are produced and have under a certain amount of hens, you don't have to anything special to sell them in Tennessee (beyond using new cartons, washing them, proper labeling, and marking them "ungraded"). My Google-fu is failing me in finding the info, basically, so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

It seems that you either have to be NPIP or have a certification that your flock is disease free dated within the last 90 days. I'm not sure which would be less of a pain, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom