La Fleche Thread ~ PIC of my Black La Fleche

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Long Horn Poultry Farm, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Yellow House Farm

Yellow House Farm Overrun With Chickens

Jun 22, 2009
    Barrington, NH
    Duane Urch and Sand Hill PReservation Center are also sources.

2. heritagehabitatfarms

heritagehabitatfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2009
    clinton ar
    just read all 15 pages of this thread... ive been thinking about getting some for a while now... and this thread just made my mind up... thanks... are you planing on selling any eggs or chicks this spring???

3. Yellow House Farm

Yellow House Farm Overrun With Chickens

Jun 22, 2009
    Barrington, NH
    Check out this you tube video. It's c;assic:

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Nice! And wow, the framing to cover the run. . . . I have to say though, I'd rather use that frame for a greenhouse.

I believe the OP gave up on La Fleche though. [​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Nice! And wow, the framing to cover the run. . . . I have to say though, I'd rather use that frame for a greenhouse.

I believe the OP gave up on La Fleche though. [​IMG]

What??? Really??? WHY?? [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    He told me - Aggressive males and having kids - didn't mix.

Honestly when I have production running again, La Fleche are on my list of decisions for another breed to add to the flock. Again like many though the big thing holding me back is color. I'm really quite tired of black, or blue, or splash, or white. . . Too much of that in my flock. Well, not white, but I'm not a fan of white except on certain breeds.

Although the OP had aggressive males, I'm honestly not surprised. Hatcheries are quite prone to carelessly yet unintentionally breeding that, especially in rare breeds with little demand. I myself would not go with hatcheries unless I had absolutely no choice.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Have you considered white Houdan? I am thinking of buying a dozen hatching eggs and trying to end up with a pair or trio this year...I'll have to sell my extras. [​IMG]

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I've considered Mottled Houdan. Very very much so. They're on the top 3.

I thought Whites are only available in bantam in the US? I'm not a bantam person.

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Nope...the bantam whites are rare, too...I have those but the large fowl whites are also very rare. I have found a very small handful of breeders and an even smaller handful who are willing to part with any eggs or chicks...

One of them did send me a photo...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by