La Fleche Thread ~ PIC of my Black La Fleche

Quote:
Nope...the bantam whites are rare, too...I have those but the large fowl whites are also very rare. I have found a very small handful of breeders and an even smaller handful who are willing to part with any eggs or chicks...

One of them did send me a photo...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/Equibling/Houdans/whitehoudan.jpg

Heather, These look like the whites that Dean had for a while. If so they've basically petered out even for a new owner with great grass etc.. Started like great guns but fertility/vigor didn't sustain itself. If you are able to find workable stock in these or any rare breed keeping a pair or trio won't get you very far unfortunately. Anyone who hopes to make and maintain progress with poultry needs to keep cocks as well as hens.

Quote:
Yeah--I had an issue with that and my Creves for a while, too...I had a couple young ninja cockerels that I culled. The one I have left is not really friendly but will eat out of my hand. If I enter the run, he is at the opposite side or goes into the coop.

Yup, I had a ansty Creve cock, too. Those of us working with the rare breeds need to accept, even expect from the onslought that there are going to be problems to iron out. WE're talking a minimum of five years before serious imporvement is seen. C'est la vie. They're worth it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah--I had an issue with that and my Creves for a while, too...I had a couple young ninja cockerels that I culled. The one I have left is not really friendly but will eat out of my hand. If I enter the run, he is at the opposite side or goes into the coop.

Yup, I had a ansty Creve cock, too. Those of us working with the rare breeds need to accept, even expect from the onslought that there are going to be problems to iron out. WE're talking a minimum of five years before serious imporvement is seen. C'est la vie. They're worth it.

Hi Yellow House Farm
I decided to sale my Black LaFleche stock because their aggression was to much for my kids.
sad.png
I hope the ones out there that are still breeding the LaFleche breed the best of luck and hope to see this rare breed increase in popularity. Yellow House Farm do you still have your La Fleche stock I noticed they are not on your website no more. If you do have any of the La Fleche breed stock I may give you a call in the future when my kids get a little older.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Nope...the bantam whites are rare, too...I have those but the large fowl whites are also very rare. I have found a very small handful of breeders and an even smaller handful who are willing to part with any eggs or chicks...

One of them did send me a photo...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/Equibling/Houdans/whitehoudan.jpg

Heather, These look like the whites that Dean had for a while. If so they've basically petered out even for a new owner with great grass etc.. Started like great guns but fertility/vigor didn't sustain itself. If you are able to find workable stock in these or any rare breed keeping a pair or trio won't get you very far unfortunately. Anyone who hopes to make and maintain progress with poultry needs to keep cocks as well as hens.

Yup! I wanted some large to work on my bantam whites...just for a few years before selling them...

Quote:

Hi Yellow House Farm
I decided to sale my Black LaFleche stock because their aggression was to much for my kids.
sad.png
I hope the ones out there that are still breeding the LaFleche breed the best of luck and hope to see this rare breed increase in popularity. Yellow House Farm do you still have your La Fleche stock I noticed they are not on your website no more. If you do have any of the La Fleche breed stock I may give you a call in the future when my kids get a little older.
big_smile.png

This is too bad... My La Fleche, though not perfect to breed specifications are not at all aggressive. Of course, my kids haven't been around them much. Mine came from Sandhill.

Quote:
This is what is interesting. I've read that this breed is much smaller in the US than in Europe. This video does really prove that compared to my flock. My birds are about 1/3 smaller than the birds in this video appear to be. I did think these may be cross breed cause one of the roosters appeared to have red on his wings.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom