Lab/Mastiff mix-How well are these as farm dogs?

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
Just curious.Went and picked up a puppy and he is lab/mastiff mix,mainly lab though considering his parents are lab and mother is the lab/mastiff mix do her son we picked up isn’t too much mastiff.

Recently wanted him because my German Shepherd needs a night/outdoor buddy and a “Killing” buddy because we have predators and I don’t need her getting into altercations and getting jumped.
I know mastiffs are working dogs but the pup is only very little mastiff and probably seventy five maybe eighty five percent of him is
Lab.Labs are apparently sport dogs and he won’t be joining in any “Sports” other the running and defending the yard pretty much.

Anyone have these dogs and know
How well they are in a farm or anyone know any information as far as how good of dogs they are?

I have a purebred lab and own a dog kennel .

I wouldn’t pick a lab for being a “ killer “, they’re very much into sports and agility but also very much love their owners.

I guess he could learn from your other dog , but he’s not a working breed, sporting breeds are great for hunting and tracking .

They are very trainable, and lisyen incredibly well though.

Have noticed he listen well.Tracking is good.We have foxes and a load of rabbits he can track and hunt,my Shepherd will definitely teach him the ropes of being a dog.

My sister in law has a mastiff ch. Lab mix. She (the doggie) seems to be very willing to be trained. Shes pretty gentle now that shes not a pup. She let my 3 year old walk her around tge block without pulling the leash even though there was a cat, and a barking dog. Aside from the first excitement when we first arrive shes a very calm dog.

Back
Top Bottom