Labor Day Chicken Gathering - Tahlequah, OK

I want to Thank Coral for all her work in putting this together! I am excited and cannot wait to see you all and meet some of you for the first time. we will be working on the final preparation to make the event a great success for all the enthusiasts. Please once again post an invitation to all your friends and lets make this a start of something great. It is only with your Interest Help and participation that this is even possible. My goal is for all attendees to have and make great memories Thanks! Four Season's Handyman on facebook. Todd Rogers

We'll bring dessert. I'm hoping to bring a pair of young self blue silkies and a couple of paint silkies. These are the "HOT" color patterns.

I want to Thank Coral for all her work in putting this together! I am excited and cannot wait to see you all and meet some of you for the first time. we will be working on the final preparation to make the event a great success for all the enthusiasts. Please once again post an invitation to all your friends and lets make this a start of something great. It is only with your Interest Help and participation that this is even possible. My goal is for all attendees to have and make great memories Thanks! Four Season's Handyman on facebook. Todd Rogers

been posting it all over facebook...LOL! You might have quite a crowd!

I visited the display lot today and was thrilled to see so much shade! Here are photos of some of the shady spots at noon. I'll paint orange arrows to indicate the direction drivers must go (clockwise around the lot). If sellers will pull as close to the boundary (fence or underbrush) as possible, and then set up cages in front of each vehicle, we can get a lot of folks into the shady southeast corner. We'll have our food tables under the carport, and I'll scout the grounds for a combination of shade and soft grass for the games. We need a volunteer to keep an eye on the food tables. That person will have the shady spot by the carport to set up cages. I'm bringing my camping stove so that I can boil hotdogs. Visitors who don't bring potluck food can buy a hotdog and a drink, but they won't be able to eat from the pot luck table. Sellers can have free hotdogs. I'll bring two coolers of pop for sale at a very reasonable price. It will be put on ice Sunday night.

I'm on my way to church now, so I'll post more information when I return.

It's looking like we won't make it- but I will post for sure tomorrow night. Depends on how far we get on painting the house tomorrow between church and family birthday dinner, which I don't expect to be very far.
hit.gif
Didn't get very far today- about 30 feet of trim/soffit and that's it. Projects can be so frustrating sometimes!

If I don't make it Coral I will still have the boys for you next time you get up to the flea market.

It's looking like we won't make it- but I will post for sure tomorrow night. Depends on how far we get on painting the house tomorrow between church and family birthday dinner, which I don't expect to be very far.
hit.gif
Didn't get very far today- about 30 feet of trim/soffit and that's it. Projects can be so frustrating sometimes!

If I don't make it Coral I will still have the boys for you next time you get up to the flea market.
Sorry you won't be able to be at the chicken gathering. When I put the first batch into the big, big brooder near the end of next week, I'll be ready for another batch.

I'm finishing the sign for the entrance. Look for a white poster board sign with an arrow pointing to the drive. I'm going to tie some balloons to the sign to make it more visible. Parking for sellers is inside the display lot. Parking for visitors and buyers is to the right of the drive. To exit from the buyer/visitor parking, back up and then drive north (towards the Briar Patch) along the parking area until you come to level ground.

Don't forget to bring your lawn chairs. Sitting on the grass is okay for the young folks, but my tired bones don't appreciate that close contact with Mother Earth.

Back
Top Bottom