Labor Day Chicken Gathering - Tahlequah, OK

Poco Pollo

Vista de Nada Farm
14 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Haskell, OK
Howdie, Okies!

I'm happy to announce that we will have a chicken gathering on Labor Day for all chicken enthusiasts (and their friends, so that they can become converts). You can get answers to your questions by sending Poco Pollo a PM.

LDCG Labor Day Chicken Gathering
woot.gif
Four Seasons Handyman Display Lot
14490 Hwy. 62
Tahlequah, OK 74464
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

WHERE: Our Labor Day Chicken Gathering will be held at the Four Seasons Handyman Lot. The park-like setting is just south of Love’s Briar Patch. Right next to the Briar Patch. See (A), that’s the Briar Patch. Just south of that is a triangular area with big open spaces and mature trees. You’ll see chicken coops and dog houses from the road. Parking for sellers will be inside the campus. Parking for buyers will be to the right of the gate, on the shoulder. Buyers can exit by driving north just a bit on the shoulder until they reach level ground. Click on the map to see a larger image.

Across from the Briar Patch is a flea market. Folks might want to check out the goods at the flea market after talking, selling, and swapping poultry.

Attendees selling or swapping poultry can visit with the gate attendant and then drive through the entrance gate and park in a shady spot. There are many mature trees that give ample shade. If you're needing more shade, consider bringing your own shade tarp or pop-up shelter. Poco has one shade tarp that we'll put the food under. Poco will bring two folding tables to set the food on. If you want to bring another table, I'm sure the group would appreciate it : )

The largest expense we'll have for the event is the rental of two porta-potties. To raise the money I'm going to propose attendees make a voluntary donation. If you don't want to support the porta-potty cause, that's up to you. Just consider that you may be the first one to use the facilities on Labor Day. As you arrive, see me or the gate attendant (we'll take volunteers for someone to be at the gate as people who are selling or swapping arrive), and donate what you're comfortable giving. You'll receive token/s (commensurate with your donation) for a prize drawing at 2:00. That should give the majority of people planning to attend a chance to arrive.

Bring folding chairs, small tables, or whatever you're comfortable pick-nicking on. Some people prefer a blanket.

To keep the cost down, we'll have a pot luck meal at noon. Bring something you like and you think others will enjoy. Send me a PM and I'll start posting what people are bringing so we don't have too many duplications. We won't have electricity or water, so bring food that is supposed to be eaten cool or warm. Foil over your dish and the hot sun will warm most foods.

POT LUCK MEAL AT NOON
1. Poco Pollo - Ra-men Noodle Salad with chunks of chicken in it.
2. Cathiesue - cold fried chicken.

DRINKS - No Alcoholic Beverages.
1. Poco Pollo will bring two coolers filled with ice and a variety of soda pop and tea. Cans will be for sale at a modest price (far less then kids spend on pop at school). Bring your own cooler and pop if you like.
2. Poco Pollo will
bring ten gallons of fresh water. The first ten people to arrive, who are selling or swapping, will get a free gallon of water for themselves and their birds. The gate opens at 8:00 a.m. If you're arriving late, please bring at least a gallon of fresh water for your birds.

PLATES, CUPS, AND FLATWARE (Most people won't need cups, but some may prefer a cup to a can for drinks)

GAMES
1. Water balloon toss - Poco will bring water-filled balloons in a big bucket
2. Water pistol target shooting - bring your own super soaker

WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING
1. our 5acre farm - African geese, pekin ducks (young and year-olds), and duckwing silkie cross juveniles. PM if you're interested so they can be taken to the LDCG. New chicken plucker fingers for $1.00 apiece.
2. BetsyOK will bring silkies and showgirls; from pet quality to show quality.

3. Poco Pollo - Pearl Guinea Keets, a few pullets, and perhaps a couple of roosters.
4. Genepittman - might bring young silver grey dorkings, maybe some young double barred lemon cuckoo orpingtons, probably some year-old and some 3-month old Embden and Embden X Toulouse geese.
5. Hatching eggs? Is anyone bringing hatching eggs?
6. xeking - 5-month-old pearl guinea keets and 1 mature pearl male.
7. Ebers - 3 red sex link pullets, 1 white leghorn pullet, 1 black sex link pullet: all 4.5 months old. May bring 2 barred rocks and 2 Ameraucanas, around 8 weeks old, unsure of sexes.

WHAT YOU'RE HOPING TO FIND
1. Cockerels less then ten weeks old: barred rock, sex links, RIR
2. Silver spangled Hamburg hens, Orpingtons

PEOPLE WHO PLAN TO ATTEND - SPACE RESERVED
D.gif

To reserve your space, post on the thread or send Poco Pollo a PM. When you arrive, check in at the gate. Make a donation to help us pay for the porta-potty rentals. Receive one token for every dollar donated. Tokens will be used for the prize drawing at 2:00 p.m.
1. BetsyOK
2. Poco Pollo - closest to the entrance gate so that she can be gate keeper, information officer, and collector of the donations for the porta potties. Remember, your donation gives you an opportunity to participate in the prize drawing.
3. our 5acre farm
4. Lillie and Genepittman
5. xeking
6. Cathiesue

Post your questions and suggestions on this thread, or send me a PM.
D.gif

Last edited:
BetsyOK will bring silkies and showgirls. From pet quality to show quality. I plan to bring more of the pet and breeder quality this time.

oh man I sooo wish I could go
sad.png
but that is the same time as our county fair open show and I will be busy all day with checking in birds and then I will be busy judging
hit.gif
I will miss out but I will still have a hun day full of excitement and its always great to see all the young open show kids with there birds our open show is 8 and under

Lillie and I will be there Gonna have to figure out what weare bringing. Might be interested in silver spangled hamburg hens. Orpingtons. May bring some young silver grey dorkings maybe some young double barred lemon cuckoo orpingtons. Probably some year old and some 3 month old Embden and Embden x Toulouse geese

Back
Top Bottom