'Ladies First Chicken Door' ???

Thanks Sara for the great review!
smile.png

I'm excited to tell you that I am sponsoring the contest to guess the day and time of the Millionth Thread here on backyardchickens.com! (that is a bunch of threads people!)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-guess-day-time-win-free-automatic-coop-door

I'm giving away one of our new doors. It has all the features of the door opener (which this thread is really about), but it is an all-in-one unit.

Overall dimensions are 30" tall by 12" wide and only 1.5" thick.

We are having a $40 off Cyber Monday Sale today! :weee

Darn....I'm reading this on Tuesday.. I love this design. My door slides horizontally but I don't see why this wouldn't work for that. I'm a very mechanical person but not very good when it comes to circuit board design. I've been trying to find something that uses this threaded rod design and you've made it. I'm starting to save up for it already and can't wait to hook one of these up.

So it would really be horizontal except facing down?

It would only work that way if the safety stop feature was removed. It is so sensitive that it will stop too easily in a horizontal position. It has a fuse so if something got in the way the fuse would blow and the door would stop. It closes in just under a minute so there should be plenty of time to get in or out.

Actually in my coop I have an earlier prototype that is vertical and does not have the safety stop feature and everything is ok.

So it would really be horizontal except facing down?

It would only work that way if the safety stop feature was removed. It is so sensitive that it will stop too easily in a horizontal position. It has a fuse so if something got in the way the fuse would blow and the door would stop. It closes in just under a minute so there should be plenty of time to get in or out.

Actually in my coop I have an earlier prototype that is vertical and does not have the safety stop feature and everything is ok.
It could actually be vertical except facing down (har har). So, you are saying the new model with the frame will work if installed on a pop-door in the floor. Cool!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom