Ladies: Reduction Mammaplasty?

I would love to have this done but my insurance is a pain in my butt. I am a 38 H. On a 5' person. Sure if I lose 20 lbs. I can get down to a DDD. But even due to the back problems, I don't have rashes or huges indents on my shoulders due to I wear the right size bra. If I squeeze into a smaller size sure more problems, but how much pain should I put myself through to get my insurance to cover something.

Quote:
First, a lot of surgeons won't perform this procedure on young girls. They want you to have your babies because they can get bigger as we all know, and one of the risks of this surgery is loss of sensation from cutting a nerve. I don't think anyone would want that to happen to a young lady.
I remember as a teen being harrassed by the young male teens every time I walked by and was so humiliated I wanted to vomit. It can be rather traumatizing.

A younger female does not exhibit the back pain and shoulder problems until she has lugged these around for awhile. A breast lift is for "perky girls" not a breast reduction!
Alot of people do not have any insurance to have this procedure done.
To suggest that these women enjoy the attentions of men from these "gargantuan attributes" is insulting.

I have to agree, I was never flattered, but embarrassed. It would be much harder to get insurances to pay for it without years of back up medical stuff to prove it is medically necessary, like headaches, back trouble, etc.

Quote:
First, a lot of surgeons won't perform this procedure on young girls. They want you to have your babies because they can get bigger as we all know, and one of the risks of this surgery is loss of sensation from cutting a nerve. I don't think anyone would want that to happen to a young lady.
I remember as a teen being harrassed by the young male teens every time I walked by and was so humiliated I wanted to vomit. It can be rather traumatizing.

A younger female does not exhibit the back pain and shoulder problems until she has lugged these around for awhile. A breast lift is for "perky girls" not a breast reduction!
Alot of people do not have any insurance to have this procedure done.
To suggest that these women enjoy the attentions of men from these "gargantuan attributes" is insulting.

I second that iN CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have absolutely no idea what its like! It sucked to be constantly taunted! It sucked having only the attention of guys that couldn't look past "the attributes" and were only interested in scoring! Now it sucks to litterally live in pain because I can't afford to have the surgery! Its not a matter of losing weight either! My weight is below average for my height. Its so sickening to have to dress down and try to look plain just so guys leave you alone!
somad.gif
rant.gif
Buff, you over stepped your bounds on this one. I wish I could tell you how I really feel. Better yet, I wish I could make you live it!
rant.gif
somad.gif

Quote:
Well, Vicki, if it's any consolation I was also turned off by the intrusiveness of the proceedure until two close friends had it done and I saw how happy they became afterward. For what it's worth, I don't remember anything from the time they gave me the "happy juice" in pre-op to the time I was puking on my DH in my hospital room after it was all over and I was moved out of recovery. I know they sat me up during the procedure to make sure the breasts were even, but I don't remember that at all. I also apparently told someone they had blue hair like Marge Simpson and sang "Surrey With the Fringe On Top" from the musical Oklahoma! If you're even half as miserable as I was all my life with having such large breasts, I urge you to reconsider the surgery. Even being in the recovery stages right now with the discomfort and limited activity requirements, I would do it again in a second.

Well I'm embarrassed by the number but I was a 42 F moving swiftly towards being 42 G before I finally gave in for the surgery. (huge is not a big enough word for them)
Please don't be embarrassed i just shut my eyes and kept thinking how better my back was going to feel.
It was totally worth it and there wasn't that much pain and I just restricted my sudden moves or Jolts but all went well.
I highly recommend it for anyone that suffers from being overly endowed you will feel and look a whole lot better.
Today I'm a 42 D and very happy
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom