Ladies: Reduction Mammaplasty?

Been there, done that. not once but twice! First surgeon was new and didn't take much off, took 7 hrs for a 2 hr procedure. I also used to work many years ago as a Plastic Surgery nurse and assisted with hundreds of them. Best thing I ever did! No regrets. Recovery isn't bad either. No real pain just a little sore. Didn't require pain meds.

BTW Farmelor, insurance does pay for it. It's considered reconstructive NOT cosmetic. The back pain, shoulder pain, shoulder divits, and it used to be that they had to be able to take off at least 500 gms on each breast. Good Luck!

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes. So far, so good with recovery. Pain was intense the first couple of days (I'm a wuss about that), but much better now. I can get by with just Tylenol now rather than taking the narcotic pain meds. Insurance paid for mine due to the chronic shoulder, upper back and neck pain. There was no minimum requirement for how much had to be taken off either. I was a 36D, but they were so heavy! Haven't seen my new girls yet, but I asked to be a B cup. The unveiling is tomorrow! Thanks again.

I have considered it for several years. I am currently a 40DDD and though I could stand to loose 40 pounds or so, I would still be way to big. My 18 year old daughter is already a 34DD and she is not overweight and if she follows my pattern, she will continue to grow still and get bigger with each child she has.

I am just scared, I guess and a very private person. If I am sick, I go to the Dr., or if I am bleeding profusely, but otherwise, I just take some tylenol and suffer through it. The thought of taking off my shirt, pictures, drawing, touching, waking during the procedure to sit up and make sure they are even like they had my cousin do, just really turns me off.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, Vicki, if it's any consolation I was also turned off by the intrusiveness of the proceedure until two close friends had it done and I saw how happy they became afterward. For what it's worth, I don't remember anything from the time they gave me the "happy juice" in pre-op to the time I was puking on my DH in my hospital room after it was all over and I was moved out of recovery. I know they sat me up during the procedure to make sure the breasts were even, but I don't remember that at all. I also apparently told someone they had blue hair like Marge Simpson and sang "Surrey With the Fringe On Top" from the musical Oklahoma! If you're even half as miserable as I was all my life with having such large breasts, I urge you to reconsider the surgery. Even being in the recovery stages right now with the discomfort and limited activity requirements, I would do it again in a second.

Did it when I was 18; I had 32DD on an 80lb frame.

Best thing I EVER did. And it doesn't always ruin your ability to breastfeed, trust me...

Of course now mine could use a little reinflation lol...but I'm much happier now that I don't have weights on my chest weighing me down.

I think someone that needs it would have it at a young age.

A woman that enjoys a lifetime of male attention from her gargantuan attributes and then pleads "oh my poor back" at age 49 so she can have surgically perky girls, then that burns my bacon.

Back
Top Bottom