Lake County IN poultry laws

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chiknwhisperer, Jul 9, 2008.

1. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Does anyone happen to know or wear I could find the ordinances about owning chickens. I have been googling ny but off and have had no luck. Please help if you can.

2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Where you at in Lake County?Not a definate but i could call my pops tomorrow and see if he knows about it. I grew up in Portage and have family all around over there. Both counties. I am in missouri now but small world.

3. chiknwhisperer

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    I am out of city limits but have a Lowell adress. Live in Lake Dale. My neighbor one bay over had ducks, quail, peacocks, and pheasants. Who knows what else he had. And a lady I got to church with, her son actually has some of the other neighbors overflow. Thanks.

4. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    If you are out of city limits then i would say it is safe anyway. No need to worry but i am checking anyway. If your neighbor has this stuff then I know it is safe. I did however see that you can not let poultry run free range there it is a class b misdemeanor.

5. chiknwhisperer

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    [​IMG] I thought it would be okay but DH wants to get a permit to put up a fence and I didn't want to find out the hard way that I have to get rid of my babies. Hubby would just have to deal w/chickens in diapers [​IMG]
    Thank you sooooooo much!!!!

6. chiknwhisperer

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Did it say anything about having chickens for meat?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by