Lake County IN poultry laws

chiknwhisperer

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Lowell, IN
Does anyone happen to know or wear I could find the ordinances about owning chickens. I have been googling ny but off and have had no luck. Please help if you can.

Where you at in Lake County?Not a definate but i could call my pops tomorrow and see if he knows about it. I grew up in Portage and have family all around over there. Both counties. I am in missouri now but small world.

I am out of city limits but have a Lowell adress. Live in Lake Dale. My neighbor one bay over had ducks, quail, peacocks, and pheasants. Who knows what else he had. And a lady I got to church with, her son actually has some of the other neighbors overflow. Thanks.

If you are out of city limits then i would say it is safe anyway. No need to worry but i am checking anyway. If your neighbor has this stuff then I know it is safe. I did however see that you can not let poultry run free range there it is a class b misdemeanor.

jumpy.gif
I thought it would be okay but DH wants to get a permit to put up a fence and I didn't want to find out the hard way that I have to get rid of my babies. Hubby would just have to deal w/chickens in diapers
lau.gif

Thank you sooooooo much!!!!

Back
Top Bottom