Lakenvelder Colors?

Pics

natrm83

Chirping
Mar 3, 2017
Newton, Ia
Hi everyone!,
I think this is my first thread I've ever started.
I have a question, specifically for the Lakenvelder breed.
I was at my local theisens store waiting for their fresh chick shipment to arrive this afternoon. They recieve their chicks from Hoover hatchery( incase don't alrdy know that) and they only got in 4 breeds for today. Polish, crested, sapphire olive egger and 5 lakenvelders not silver just lakenvelder, they are suppose to be receiving specifically the silver lakenvelder in the weeks to come. But for today on the chart and schedule it was just lakenvelder. I had done some research ahead of time and had been wanting some of this breed since theisens began recieving chicks this season, because they are of the few breeds they will have that lay white eggs.
But heres where my conflict begins. I thought when i was researching the breed to see what the difference in "lakenvelder" and "silver lakenvelder" were, i had come across just "lakenvelder" as a sort of partridge, wheaten, or welsummer color.
So as they ship all the diff specialized breeds to theisens mixed into one box, and i use to work in this particular store they let me help them figure out sorting them. And on the boxes printed shipping details, out of the whole bunch their were just only suppose to be 5 of the lakenvelders. So we were able to determine the only color of 5 that there were, was the chipmunk stripping color. And for this color, since i thought had thght i found that it would be a welsummer,partridge, or wheaten color, and i bought some welsummers earlier on, the chick color seemed to match the exspecting color. So i picked 2 out of the 5 (pictured below)along with a couple of other breeds exspected to be 1buff laced polish and 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben.
But now that im trying to google everywhich way i can think of even the hatcheries site (inwhich they only list the silver in catalog and website)to research this color, I can only find silver and gold as colors and the color of my chicks do not match either of those color of chicks.
So can anybody pretty please help me me resolve this, im starting to get nervous that they arent what was exspected.
The store literally only recieved cornish, sapphire olive eggers, polish, crested, and lakenvelder. So there arent alot of breeds to decipher through aside from color variation in the diff breeds and head bumps.
They def arent blue like the S.O.E.s and dont have a head bump like polish and crested, and clearly not even close to the cornish inwhich were in a completely seperate box from these.
Any info and helpwith this mental complex,will be much appreciated Tyia!😓🙃🙂
(I also posted picture of their chick schedule, so lakenvelder and silver lakenvelder can be seen shipped at different times.

Attachments

• 20200325_155946-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    20200325_155946-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200322_075843.jpg
    20200322_075843.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 27
Yeah, I don't think so now. I had seen this pic and I thought that maybe they were just a darker variation. But I think they look very different
_MG_0420.jpg

They kinda look like Golden Laced Wyandottes. I'm sure I'm wrong, but they look very different. Speckled Sussex or something maybe?

Yeah, I don't think so now. I had seen this pic and I thought that maybe they were just a darker variation. But I think they look very different View attachment 2062239
Thats def closer than what I being able to find. But yeah I'm puzzled. And hoping they arent more of something i already have in my mix. Guess i can always hope they are a darker variation still. But suppose i won't get to know for sure until have mature feathers coming in.

They kinda look like Golden Laced Wyandottes. I'm sure I'm wrong, but they look very different. Speckled Sussex or something maybe?
Yeah, i wondered about speckled sussex on one of them and compared to the golden laced polish i was thinking something gold too. Of of they are either of those breeds still, i wont be so dissappointed anymore, because they were on my list for adding ro my flock still. But I'm really needing the white layers added to my flock so the goal was for getting those today.😥

Back
Top Bottom