Lakeshore Eggers or ColorPack Layers or Easter Eggers

Newyorkrita

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 13, 2010
Long Island, New York
So I was looking for colored egg layers. See ones called Lakeshore Eggers at Meyer. Read the fine print and see they were developed in Europe. Then at Freedom Ranger Hatchery I see what they are calling Easter Eggers. But get this it said This breed has no relation to the Ameraucana/Araucana. And that they are imported from the Czech Republic.

Looking at Jenks Hatchery I see their ColorPack Layers. Again not related to Americana or Araucana and created in Czechoslovakia.

Sure are looking like these all might be the same thing with a bunch of different names. Are they?

If it lays colored eggs and comes in an array of feather colors, comb types, leg colors, and just doesn’t have a consistent look then it’s an Easter Egger. Many hatcheries are cashing in on the colored egg craze by marketing their Easter Eggers as Lakeshore Eggers, Super Blue Eggers, Green Queen Eggers, Cuckoo Bluebars, and such. They are all Easter Eggers. Any chicken that lays blue, green, or olive eggs is descended from the first Araucanas imported to the US in the 1940’s.

According to the chick hatchery, their easter egg color pack chickens dont follow the same pattern as ees and wont breed true because they are a hybrid. Im thinking the freedom ranger ees may be the same thing? I want the fluffy faces and ability to breed next year or two, but freedom rangers sounds like they have great chicks at a decent price. I think im going to order both and track the differences.

According to the chick hatchery, their easter egg color pack chickens dont follow the same pattern as ees and wont breed true because they are a hybrid. Im thinking the freedom ranger ees may be the same thing? I want the fluffy faces and ability to breed next year or two, but freedom rangers sounds like they have great chicks at a decent price. I think im going to order both and track the differences.

I think they are the same thing. I don't like that Freedom Ranger Hatchery calls what they have Easter Eggers as they are not the same as traditional Easter Eggers that have been around for many, many years past.

I think they are the same thing. I don't like that Freedom Ranger Hatchery calls what they have Easter Eggers as they are not the same as traditional Easter Eggers that have been around for many, many years past.

I agree. Im emailing them right now and i will mention it. Because i want the face fluffies!

Privett Hatchery has Ameraucana (Easter Egger). All the little chicks I have from them have muffs. I have three that are about 4wks old and 8 that are less than a week old. One is an older pullet whose eggs are green. I have at least three distinct color patterns in the chicks.

Last edited:
Ok! I have a response! They are hybrids that are not ees. This is from freedom ranger hatchery. He breeds the 459 and 902 lines.

Attachments

• Dominate.pdf
    656.2 KB · Views: 25
He said it was because they still oroduuce the egg color and many still havr the same migfs and stuff. His description makes it fairly clear but I asked if he would consider adding that they do not breed true. They do lay big eggs and lots of them and thats why he said picked these.

Back
Top Bottom