Langshan Thread!!!

Pics
I breed Blue Langshans. You can see pictures of my Blue Langshans on my Ebay auction right now or go to my website (www.skylinepoultry.com) Langshans are truley an under rated breed.
Yeah! Thanks for joining this thread, skyline! For the past 3 months, I've been drooling over your blue and splash langshans on your website! Do you sell/ship chicks as well as hatching eggs? I have 1 blue langshan. She is one of my favorites and I want to add more to my flock with the possibility of breeding them. I don't have an incubator yet but I do have a friend who offered to hatch them for me.
smile.png

Decided to upload some updated photos. Here are two of my girls that were shown recently:

The darker blue has excellent type and I LOVE her tail spread, but Lord forbid she not freak out at the slightest glimpse of a person walking by her cage...

I love the tail carriage of the lighter girl, but her tail spread is a bit tight. Hoping she'll throw some good chicks with Clyde:

As always,
Beautiful langshan ;)

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the Welcome everyone. I'm selling eggs and chicks this year. Keep up the good work guys. We gotta keep these beauties looking good so people can see what they're missing.

I aquired a langshan last spring, and didnt bother breeding with her for a while as I only had a rhode island red rooster. However, she was a good layer often laying 13 eggs in a row, so I incubated a few eggs. Two cockerals hatched. Its interesting that they are known as slow growers, as the two langshans were second equal fastest feathering in a group of 22, after a light sussex chick. They had large combs at 3 weeks old and now I would say at 17 weeks one of them is the biggest cockeral out of black stars, barred rocks, RIRs and barnevelders in the hatch group. He has red in some of his feathering and the other one while slightly smaller is all black.
Just shows what hybrid vigour can do.
Tragically their mother Shanghai Lill was killed by a ferret while raising 9 chicks. She was our favourite hen and sacrificed herself by leaving the coop to fight the ferret, allowing 4 chicks to survive, one of which is a pullet. Im going to cross the pullet back with a pure langshan roo to keep her line going. Here she is helping some teens lost in a storm

Well i normally raise silkies but i got the Langshan fever! I got my first roo this weekend, i think hes beautiful but of course im partial ;) let me know what you guys think!

Cletus- 2 yr old pure black croad langshan roo comes from Joe Ockleys stock out of northen Ohio

Last edited:
Joe has good stock! You're gonna LOVE that bird! Don't forget to get a few girls for that handsome guy! ;)

VERY nice male! Love his tail spread, stance, leg-feathering and back! Congrats again!

Back
Top Bottom