Langshan With Red Legs

Quailfluf

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 6, 2014
Wisconsin
Hello, I am Liz. I have been a 4-Her for 6 years and I am gladly proud to say I am also the president this year! I have been doing poultry my entire life. But I have never come across this. My 2 year old Langshan cock has red legs, he was perfectly fine the first year I have had him. He went to fair and got a 2nd, the judge said I have a chance at Reserve champ (at the time his tail was not lifted) And I would love to take him this year, but I don't know what is wrong with his legs. His legs are red with some feathers, It looks like his scales are just disappearing almost. His feet are normal black, and it doesn't go up to far on his leg. Non of my other flock have this, my Orpington, Polish, Cochins or any ducks, strictly him. Could this be a leg mite problem of some sort? If you have come across this before and know a way to solve it please let me know! He has had this for four months now and fair is only a month away! Thanks for reading this!

All my birds are Free ranged as well, if that helps.

welcome-byc.gif
In some breeds as roosters mature their legs become red or red streaked. I'm not certain whether or not this occurs with Langshans. Do a forum search on 'Langshans' - perhaps you can locate a breed thread where someone might have more information/experience.

Back
Top Bottom