Large Brooder Box

Update. I cut the door the door in half so when cleaning I didn’t have to worry about wayward chicks getting out. Plus makes it safer when kids want to interact with them.

Attachments

• ECD1A107-9DC6-403D-8B05-8DB63D48D780.jpeg
    ECD1A107-9DC6-403D-8B05-8DB63D48D780.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 32
I am still new to posting. Sorry I thought that when I added the media folder it would attached. I have since added pics to the thread.
These chicks are for layers. I will have 50 birds in all. I have silver and gold laced Wyandotte’s, Buckeyes, Isa Browns, and Easter eggers. We are starting a Veteran learning farm and do this to help donate food to our local Veteran Food pantry.
We hope to later turn another stable into a coop for meat birds.
We also have other programs we will be doing here such as forging, woodworking, beekeeping, art, and others.
That’s so awesome that you do this work for Veterans! I love your brooder design too - thanks for sharing!!!:love

My dark cornish breeders are only about 8 week right now so I am thinking about building mine this fall to be ready. I am thinking about building mine in 2 halves so I can stack it or maybe slide it together with flipping one side over and building an ohio brooder to fit in one end. The doors would have to come off or I'll just hang wire over it.

Why do you make the top so tall in the back? I have seen this in other brooders but don't understand the effective use of the space.

Back
Top Bottom