Large Fowl Cochin Thread

I hatched a pair of lf Partridge cochins last spring. I absolutely adore them, I wish I had managed to hatch out a few more.

Here are a few pics.

My lemon blue LF hatching eggs from Lucky Pickins are arriving this weekend!
yay! I have 4 hatch from mine. not the best hatch rate but they all did develop so that is not her fault at all. my fan in my incubator died on day 20 with 2 pips so i had to quickly move them to the other bator. I'm sure that didn't help them. but the ones that did hatch are nice and healthy. now just to figure out what colors I have. and I will probably order from her again come spring :)

I have one that I'm pretty sure is blue and 2 I'm not sure. they are light yellow almost white and the wing feathers that are coming in are white too. ideas?

yay! I have 4 hatch from mine. not the best hatch rate but they all did develop so that is not her fault at all. my fan in my incubator died on day 20 with 2 pips so i had to quickly move them to the other bator. I'm sure that didn't help them. but the ones that did hatch are nice and healthy. now just to figure out what colors I have. and I will probably order from her again come spring :)

I have one that I'm pretty sure is blue and 2 I'm not sure. they are light yellow almost white and the wing feathers that are coming in are white too. ideas?
Probably Splash.

Gorgeous birds!
The first splash looks very much like one of my splash girls. Your blue rooster looks similar to my Mr. Blue.
I've been away for a week we won't be going home until tomorrow. The person taking care of my chickens said
Mr. Blue's comb looks funny. As she described it I realize it's frost bite so I'm not sure what to expect when I get
back.

Hello everyone.
I have been raising blue and black LF Cochins for two years now. The blue cock that I hand picked from my first batch of chicks is Turing out to be a fine gentleman. He is nice to the ladies and is a great protector when birds of pray are in his area. He was my only breeding cock last year. He will still grow for another six months or so, but is already a state fair ribbon winner.

While at the state fair this year, I found a grand champion black LF Cochin cock that I just love. I never could catch his owners at the cage, so I put a business card on his cage and prayed that they would contact me if he was ever to be sold. Sure enough! His owner called me about a month ago to see if I was still interested, and he came to live here on Friday. He is a dream. He has been shown extensively, and has only been caged with two hens; never free ranged. My birds all free range during the day. So he will have to learn to adapt with the ladies who are not exactly a captive audience.
Here he is, Mr. No name as of yet.

I love blacks and blues, but am not wild about splash. My plan is to keep blue with the black hens, and the new guy with the blue hens. I guess we will see how it goes. I did sell a ton of eggs on ebay last year, and will be selling again this spring and summer. If anyone is interested let me know.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom