Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy some LF Partridge Cochin eggs Show Quality will pay for shipping. Please pm me if you have some or know someone who does. Thanks all!

Hi everyone! I love seeing all the photos of your beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing!

I hope someone can help me with a "prepping for show" question or two. I am new to showing (have only shown one other time) and this is the first time I will be taking LF cochins. I have 5 LF cochins that I have entered into the PNPA show this coming weekend and I need to wash and clean them for the show. How long will it take for them to dry and should I blow dry them on low to get it done in enough time? My big problem is that most of my entries are roosters who can't be housed together and I do not have enough big crates to keep them in for extended periods. I was hoping to wash one a day and keep them in the house where it is warm for at least 24 hours before moving them to their temporary housing in my unheated greenhouse until the show. Will this work? I don't want to make any of my chickens sick, but I can't keep all these big boys in the house until Saturday. And they really need a thorough washing as they all have large pastures they roam in and it has been raining a ton - so their feathers are already wet and their legs are incredibly muddy.

I am excited to go and expect to learn a ton from having a judge and other breeders look over my birds and tell me what is good and what needs improvement, so I would like to show them at their best.

Thanks!
Korina

Hello fellow Cochin fanciers! I was wondering if you could help me. I am looking for cochin chicks in WA. I live in the greater Seattle area so I would prefer to not go further east than Ellensburg and I would rather not travel more than an 1 - 1 1/2 in any direction. That is a pretty wide range, and I think there MUST be a feed store or breeder somewhere in there that has them, but sadly after searching feed store websites it doesn't seem to be something that they list. I was directed by the lovely employees at the Sumner feed store to this forum, because they dont carry that breed, and they assured me I could definitely find someone on here who could help. I only want to get 1 or 2, so mail-ordering isn't an option. Any help or direction you all could give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for the great thread!

Hello fellow Cochin fanciers! I was wondering if you could help me. I am looking for cochin chicks in WA. I live in the greater Seattle area so I would prefer to not go further east than Ellensburg and I would rather not travel more than an 1 - 1 1/2 in any direction. That is a pretty wide range, and I think there MUST be a feed store or breeder somewhere in there that has them, but sadly after searching feed store websites it doesn't seem to be something that they list. I was directed by the lovely employees at the Sumner feed store to this forum, because they dont carry that breed, and they assured me I could definitely find someone on here who could help. I only want to get 1 or 2, so mail-ordering isn't an option. Any help or direction you all could give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for the great thread!
I would encourage you to check out the Washington Feather Fanciers Poultry club's facebook page or the Cochins International facebook page.

BTW - I am not affiliated with either group, but I have gotten great information from people who participate there :)

Good luck!

Hello all! I an new to raising LF Cochins and I have a few Splash Cochin chicks that are five weeks old..

Can anyone give me advice on Cochin sexing? I think I have a pretty good idea of who is what but I would love some opinions from people who regularly raise Cochins!

Thank you!
Amanda

Back
Top Bottom