1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Large Fowl Modern Games

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ClickerChick, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ClickerChick

ClickerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey! I might get some modern games in the spring, but I need some more information about them. Here is some information:

1. I am going to be showing these birds in 4-H, not breeding or big-time showing or anything.
    2. My 4-H club is going to be ordering in one big chick order in the spring from Murray McMurray hatchery. The hatchery has Black breasted Red Modern Games, and if I choose this breed, I will be ordering 3 females.
    3. Apparently, standard Modern Games are not very popular in the US at the moment, and I can't find much information on the breed.

Here are my questions:

1. How big are they? I know they weigh about 4 - 4 1/2 lbs (females), but how tall are they? Can anyone provide a picture comparing them to an object so I can see the size? I want to know the height, and can they easily bend down and pass through a smaller opening (like the coop door opening)?
    2. Are they friendly and easy to tame? I have heard they are from several reviews on another website.
    3. Are they flighty?

Thanks! I hope you can help! If you need any more information, let me know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by