Large Scale Set-ups?

KDailey

Crazy Cochin Lady
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Bronson, Tx
I've got close to 50 adult chickens and approximately 50-60 chicks and only 4 10x10 pens and several brooder type pens for the chicks. Now they're all bantams so it's not bad for the adult birds now but when all these chicks get big enough to go on the ground they're going to be pressed for space. Granted, most of them are for sale but assuming they aren't bought they'll need someplace to live so I need some ideas before I just go jump in to a set up that doesn't work.

I'd like to see how y'all have your pens set up when you have 100 chickens or more. Pictures are always awesome!

Do you have standards or bantams?
How many birds per pen?
How cheap/expensive was it to build?
How does the set up work for feeding/watering efficiency?
What type/size feeders do you use?
What type/size waterers do you use?
How do you seperate birds into pens?
Do you have a bachelor pad for the extra roosters?
How do you brood chicks?
How do you pen the chicks? (age, size, etc)
Do you seperate culls into a seperate pen for selling?
Any tricks/tips you have for me that helps with dealing with a high number of birds?

Wow! I love it! That's a lot like what I'd like ours to be like. Do you have anything over the top of the pens to keep predators out? That's something we have an issue with

Here is a picture of my set-up. I will try and get some inside pictures and such posted later.

I will try and get some better pictures if you wish. I have about 140 chickens, 40 ducks, couple geese and quail. My guineas are out in the barn.

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom