Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
20230528_192620.jpg

Question, if you had a cross beak would you cull as a chick or wait and see? I have one Lavender Ameraucana that came in and It has cross beak, not bad but it might get that way. It cant be added to my breeding program. If it doesn't get too bad I could re-home it. My issue is I don't have infinite time or money to put into a bird I can't use. I'm more of a bleeding heart than I thought I was.

Question, if you had a cross beak would you cull as a chick or wait and see? I have one Lavender Ameraucana that came in and It has cross beak, not bad but it might get that way. It cant be added to my breeding program. If it doesn't get too bad I could re-home it. My issue is I don't have infinite time or money to put into a bird I can't use. I'm more of a bleeding heart than I thought I was.
Do you have a picture? Due to my flock having Mareks, I cannot give away birds, so it's an automatic sentence for mine now. But depending on how it presented as a chick and how it grew, if it was minor, I'd probably see if anyone wanted it for an egg only flock for free. If it was a male, it would be culled though since their only job is reproduction

Ill get a picture sometime today. Really wont know how bad its going to be till its about three to six weeks old. If not too bad and can eat and drink on its own as long as mash is provided I would give away to someone for an egg flock. I don't like having to put something down if I don't have to.

I had one in last years order. It seemed like it wouldn't be very bad but it ended up being sever cross beak. As she grew it just got worse and worse until her bottom beak was perpendicular to her top one.

Ill get a picture sometime today. Really wont know how bad its going to be till its about three to six weeks old. If not too bad and can eat and drink on its own as long as mash is provided I would give away to someone for an egg flock. I don't like having to put something down if I don't have to.

I had one in last years order. It seemed like it wouldn't be very bad but it ended up being sever cross beak. As she grew it just got worse and worse until her bottom beak was perpendicular to her top one.
I had a chick like that from about 8 or so years ago. I had a quail chick that thankfully never hatched that was crossbeaked too severely to even pip from the egg

Back
Top Bottom