Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
My Spitzhauben got mad I put her in the brood box I made. She stopped sitting the eggs.☹ She is so easy to break from brooding.
Aw, that sucks. My cranky old Japanese hen was like that. She hatched eggs once and I treated her like a glass butterfly the whole 21 days. Any other time I got too close would break her.

Hated the rest of the flock, but she was an awesome Auntie. I could just give her chicks and she would take care of them. Once she ended up with 4 three day olds and like 14 four week olds and became mama to all of them. Thankfully the 14 weren't needing a lamp, just an Auntie to watch over them.

We were bummed when she got snagged by something last summer. She was an awful bird, but she was handy when I suddenly had chicks I didn't feel like brooding

The blue chunk under the Spitzhauben is a boy I think. He's got a headspot and the only barred bird in this flock is my barred Spitz mix, CU-co. So that would mean she only gives it to her sons.

The cochins are all barred because French Paul is their dad and he's a barred cochin, but he absolutely didn't father this chick.

Hope tomorrow I wont be baby sitting the Ameraucana I gat that developed splayed legs so I can get some stuff done.
She didn't make it through the night. I really think she aspirated water or something from falling into it before I caught the leg issues. So probably developed pneumonia. She had stuff in her nose. Everyone else is doing great though.

She didn't make it through the night. I really think she aspirated water or something from falling into it before I caught the leg issues. So probably developed pneumonia. She had stuff in her nose. Everyone else is doing great though.
That sucks. Clad everyone else is doing good so far though

I'll also be putting an ad up for the duck hens I'm not keeping. I have more coming next week and these 14 are eating a ton. So 2 or 3 Rouen will be going. And 3 or 4 khakis will be going. The Swedish, pekins, buff and 1 (if I keep a khaki) or 2 (if I don't) Rouen will be staying. So almost half my flock right now

I might advertise my males I get from my next order once they're old enough to sex. Just depends on how many I end up with. I'll be keeping a quad of muscovy if possible, and then 1 or 2 Swedish females if I get those numbers. Any extra females will definitely be posted

Back
Top Bottom