Last quilts are finished for The Kid's Club this year!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
Ok,, here they are, the last of the Kid's Club quilts for this year:
Front
5415_0601111247.jpg

Back
5415_0601111247a.jpg

Front: I don't remember who sent the wonderful froggy squares, but we've made 3 baby quilts so far with them!
5415_0601111247b.jpg

Back
5415_0601111247c.jpg

Front
5415_0601111248.jpg

Back
5415_0601111248a.jpg

A while back we are sending you fabric for the class I can't remember, but I do remember sending you small blocks for them to write their names on. The quilts they made I hope it's from what we all sent you and you didn't need to pay for any of it. I know the teachers here buy a lot of things for the class room and I don't think that's right.

They did a gread job and they should be proud of themself's. I know I spelled that wrong. LOL Is it themselves?

We've used squares sent from a bunch of BYC'ers and a local group have given a bunch, I've only had a buy some batting and backing fabric and larger pieces for the sashing or binding. When I went to the Child Crisis Center to drop off the crochet and small quilts for them I got some bad news about the signature quilt we made them. I didn't get pics of it when it was dropped off because I forgot my camera and my phone so I figured I would get the pics when I dropped these off. The Center had a fire a couple of months ago in the lobby area, it was arson set by a male member of a family who had his wife and child there. A good part of the lobby and offices were damaged including the nice name quilt we made them. I decided I'm going to make just a 30 square plain, light colored, quilt top for them to hang back up and the kids can sign all over it. As much as I loved the one we made, that was a lot of work to piece together and for everyone to make the squares. When I get this top put together I'll put just a back on it, and a way to hang it. I can't believe someone would try and burn down a center that is protecting abused children.

Back
Top Bottom