Late duckling hatching and shell looks transparent and dark

Yes they do have groovy digs here! We also feed them flock raiser and some bird seed to supplement their bugs. I had read on Metzer Farms that totally clear eggs are infertile and cloudy eggs are fertilized, but I do hold them in a wine refrigerator at around 55 degrees (since we aren't wine drinkers, lol) until I have a fair size clutch to go into the bator. Some eggs are held a few days longer than others, but I candle them when I put them in the bator and then again at 7 days. Maybe I should just go ahead and put them all in anyway and wait until the 7 day candling?

Yes they do have groovy digs here! We also feed them flock raiser and some bird seed to supplement their bugs. I had read on Metzer Farms that totally clear eggs are infertile and cloudy eggs are fertilized, but I do hold them in a wine refrigerator at around 55 degrees (since we aren't wine drinkers, lol) until I have a fair size clutch to go into the bator. Some eggs are held a few days longer than others, but I candle them when I put them in the bator and then again at 7 days. Maybe I should just go ahead and put them all in anyway and wait until the 7 day candling?
You can really only tell if they are fertiled or non by opening them up and looking for the bulls eye or give them 7 days to see if they develop. it's bascially the only two ways to tell..

I probably won't collect any more eggs till late winter at this point but I will definitely just put them all in and wait till the 7 day candling before giving up on them. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom