Late Fall Chicken Quilt Block Swap

The third result when you look in google images for "chicken quilt block" has a few different ones I've never seen before. I was thinking about doing the Texas Rose and Ranger's Pride from QuiltersCache.com.

Im so excited! This is my first block swap and cant beleive its chickens! What luck. I am a farmers wife and live on the Fens in Lincolnshire- very flat land.We are jusy going to get a new batch of chickens for eggs for the house, we have had three years without as we built a new house and a few things just had to give, hopefully picking up 4 new girls tomorow. Only plain brown boring ones!Back to quilt blocks....is 12" finished sise so that they mesure 12 1/2" when we send them to you?? I will have to get busy as mine will take longer to reach you!

I really, really, want to join this block swap, and erase all the bad taste from the previous one that didn't work, but...... i don't think i have the time right now.... =(

Im so excited! This is my first block swap and cant beleive its chickens! What luck. I am a farmers wife and live on the Fens in Lincolnshire- very flat land.We are jusy going to get a new batch of chickens for eggs for the house, we have had three years without as we built a new house and a few things just had to give, hopefully picking up 4 new girls tomorow. Only plain brown boring ones!Back to quilt blocks....is 12" finished sise so that they mesure 12 1/2" when we send them to you?? I will have to get busy as mine will take longer to reach you!
Yes, it would be best if the finished size was 12 1/2 by 12 1/2. I tend to think in terms of the size that appears on the quilt.

Well, Kansas and Lincolnshire sound similar, expect you get more rain and better temperatures.

Okay I have read through this thread and do not think I understand.

1. Number of blocks per person?
2. Size 12.5x12.5 for finished size of 12x12?
3. Hand or machine done?
4. Applique or pieced?
5. Fall colors with at least one chicken fabric?

I am fairly new to BYC but I do some quilting by hand. I have just started doing appliques (thought it would be harder). If we are only doing 1 or 2 blocks each I probably could do that but not much more. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Okay I have read through this thread and do not think I understand.

1. Number of blocks per person? If you sign up, we'll do 12. You would make number 6, and if we do 12, each of us will get 12 blocks (two of which are our own).
2. Size 12.5x12.5 for finished size of 12x12? Yes, exactly.
3. Hand or machine done? I think most of us are using machines, but you are welcome to do them by hand if you wish it.
4. Applique or pieced?Pieced mostly, but I have NOT limisted it to anything. I'm considering a combination of pieced with applique myself. Either is absolutely fine.
5. Fall colors with at least one chicken fabric?Perfect!

I am fairly new to BYC but I do some quilting by hand. I have just started doing appliques (thought it would be harder). If we are only doing 1 or 2 blocks each I probably could do that but not much more. Any help appreciated. We work this by all us us making 12 blocks (or 10 if we only have 5 sign up), then each person will also receive 10 (or 12) blocks, enouch to get a great start on a quilt.

Back
Top Bottom