Late Fall Chicken Quilt Block Swap

OK, No body has given opinions, so I declare that we shall each make 14 blocks a piece. We shall each receive 14 blocks in the mail from me (Marty) after I've received the 14 blocks from everyone!!!

Ok, so I finally have made my plan. I've started making funky chickens, and they are going to be a corner of each block. I'm waiting for a two more yards of fabric to come in, but my blocks will have a chicken, corn cobs, fall leaves/veggies/pumpkins, more chicken fabric -4 kinds, some wire fabric, and maybe sky fabric (whatever I've got in scraps). I really want to have a chicken barnyard scene. I'm trying my hand at making my own pattern, but something like a modified log cabin.

Lets hope we like it! LOL
fl.gif

Having put group quilts together before it is unlikely that all or in fact any will measure exactly 12 1/2" THe best way to deal with it is to add a border of 2 or 3 " to each block in a colour that pleases you and then trim them to 15 or 16 " then they are all uniform.

I agree, its hard to get exact. I say as long as they can be folded back to 12" (or however the quilter decides to do it) and sewn, it will work. I've got my funky chickens done, and now I've got to start adding on the log cabin parts. I'll post the first block pic. Hopefully I'll have the pieces cut, and one togather this weekend.

Hows it going for everyone? Oh, I think I'll put togather the chicken block of the month from about 10 years ago. Lots of applique roosters of various size blocks. I think I'll incorporate those, our block exchange blocks, and maybe a few extra funky chickens for a true chicken quilt, King size please!

Back
Top Bottom