Late January Hatch?

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by debosaurus, Jan 3, 2016.

1. melnjerm

melnjerm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2015
    San Diego (Escondido)
    Congrats Plucky Clucks!!:clap

2. Plucky Clucks

Plucky Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015

Thanks! I'm very excited!

3. nowlifehappens

nowlifehappens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2015
    Crozet, VA
    I'm nervous and not sure what to do. I candled tonight so I won't open again until day 18 to take out the auto turner. I noticed one of the eggs has a little crack in it. Is that normal at day 14? All embryos are moving around and I assume doing well. Do I need to do anything to that egg to keep it from cracking open too soon? [​IMG]

4. debosaurus

debosaurus Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2015
    I candled and I have 3 potentially 4 viable eggs... Somewhat disappointed. :( I was really hoping for at least 5/7

5. Knigge

Knigge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016

Is it too late to join? I sat 12 blue splash bearded silkie eggs and 12 easter egger eggs due on Jan 30th. I have candled at day 7 and found 3 with blood rings and another 1 or 2 with possible blood rings. Going to candle again tomorrow (day 14) and see where we are.
    I too have one with a Crack I am concerned about. I was told if it looks good on day 14 I could put some clear finger nail Polish over the cracked (if it's not in or near the air cell) and that will help keep bacteria out. Good luck to all!

6. debosaurus

Dec 6, 2015

Welcome and good luck!!

7. nowlifehappens

nowlifehappens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2015
    Crozet, VA

Welcome! I started reading through some other posts and candle wax was another solution for cracked eggs as long as the membrane was intact. Good luck [​IMG]

8. Knigge

Knigge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016
    Thanks! Yes I read that also. I don't think the egg was very promising but I will have something ready tomorrow when I candle. I can't believe I only have a little over a week left. It still feels like FOREVER!!!!

9. butterfliesdoku

butterfliesdoku Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    So today is day 21 and still no internal pip [​IMG]
    But I did catch the egg wiggling again so at least I know the little baby is still alive. I just wish she'd hurry up already! I wanna see what he or she looks like [​IMG]

10. debosaurus

Dec 6, 2015

I can't wait to catch my eggs a wiggling!!! tomorrow is lockdown!! So excited. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by