Late January Hatch?

How cute is that?

Soooo cute! I'm even more excited for mine to hatch! 17 days to go :)

Day 11 update: 4 eggs looking good, 1 with a possible blood ring but will keep in until day 14 or if it starts to smell. Temp staying between 98 and 100.8 degrees and average humidity (running dry) is 34%.

Day 7 update.
3 viable eggs
1 possible blood ring (fairly confident will monitor over the next three days)
3 that might be clears, but it could also be my amateur eyes and not strong enough flashlight.

I couldn't take it anymore and I candled tonight (day 6)
1f633.png
I started with four eggs and all 4 are doing well, yay!!!! I saw movement in all of them. Fingers crossed they continue growing and do well
1f60a.png

Ahhh! I candled tonight and I think I have 2 that are clear and 1 possible blood ring. The others have some veining and 1 had a very clear eye. Very exciting. But bow I am worried two of my digitable thermometers are not reading anything close to each other or the probe for the light. They have alwayd all been withing 1 degree and now 2 are reading as much as 15 degrees too cool. The light is still working and the on/off rotation seems to be the same. And the temp readings didnt change until well after I finished candeling so I dont think it is a drop from that. Do you think it is possible that they are damaged from the bator? I am not sure what to think.

I'm on my 2nd hatch, at day 7. I candled at day 4, as well as today. All 12 CL eggs that were viable on day 4 are all still developing nicely. I will candle again on days 14 and 18. Expected hatch day is the evening of the 28th, but I anticipate I'll be sharing a birthday of the 29th with the majority of the dozen!
Best of luck to all of you!

I'm on my 2nd hatch, at day 7. I candled at day 4, as well as today. All 12 CL eggs that were viable on day 4 are all still developing nicely. I will candle again on days 14 and 18. Expected hatch day is the evening of the 28th, but I anticipate I'll be sharing a birthday of the 29th with the majority of the dozen!
Best of luck to all of you!

Yay! Mine should be close to hatching on the 28th as well. If they do, they will share their hatch day with my husband. My next candling is tomorrow (day 10). Hopefully, all 4 of mine are still going strong.
1f60a.png

I did a quick candle on the 14 I set six days ago and everything looked really nice especially considering they're shipped eggs. One very pale mint green egg has such a thick shell though that barely any light passes through. What did looked good but does anyone have experience with extra tough shells in hatching eggs? I'm wondering if I should expect difficulty during the hatch.

I lost two eggs today so now I have 1 due on the 21st and 1 due on the 25th. This is only my first test run on my homemade incubator and so far I'm seeing that a lot of adjustments would need to be made.

Back
Top Bottom