Late January Hatch?

[/IMG]I'm thinking that egg has died. My boys wanted me to name the eggs, so I wrote on the shells. It is snowing and icy tonight. I have been getting an egg or two each day.

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm using a homemade incubator as well made up out of a kritter keeper, reptile heating pad and aluminum foil and wrapped/covered in a blanket. What did you make yours out of? This is my "test run".

Yesterday was day 21 for 2 eggs that I set using a homemade bator heated from the bottom with a reptile heat mat and from the top by a nightlight sized bulb backed with foil, both hooked up to a horticultural heat mat thermostat. I added a computer fan with a built in throttle control that's evened out the temp incredibly. I was getting a little antsy, it's my first hatch and all was quiet yesterday but today I woke up to a pip! Little worried because I received 18 eggs in the mail that came earlier than expected and I only have one incubator. I let them rest for 24 hours and set them last night. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Yesterday was day 21 for 2 eggs that I set using a homemade bator heated from the bottom with a reptile heat mat and from the top by a nightlight sized bulb backed with foil, both hooked up to a horticultural heat mat thermostat. I added a computer fan with a built in throttle control that's evened out the temp incredibly. I was getting a little antsy, it's my first hatch and all was quiet yesterday but today I woke up to a pip! Little worried because I received 18 eggs in the mail that came earlier than expected and I only have one incubator. I let them rest for 24 hours and set them last night. Fingers crossed!

Cant wait to hear how they do!!

The second one finally piped too! I was starting to worry because they'd both had badly damaged air cells from shipping, the only 2 out of 6 in the batch to make it this far. From the bit of beek I can see looks like one light colored and one dark.

Was woken up at 2am to the racket this one was making!

Checked in again at 4:30 on my way to work and our was looking much more alert and starting to fluff out.

Back
Top Bottom