Late January Hatch?

I candled today (day 8) and it looks like

-4 are clear
-4 had veining and/or eyespot
-1 possible bloodring
-3 had visible movement

I am pretty happy with this so far but I have some redesign ideas for my bator before the next batch.

Yay! Mine should be close to hatching on the 28th as well. If they do, they will share their hatch day with my husband. My next candling is tomorrow (day 10). Hopefully, all 4 of mine are still going strong.
1f60a.png

How did your candling go? Everybody still accounted for?

Just did my first candling. Day 10/11

Not sure I was super accurate since I think my flashlight was a little on the weak side, but 9 out of 38 clearly had no activity, or stalled very early.

8 of that 9 were the Corn-Rocks. Only 14 of the 38 were Corn-Rocks... so those Roo's aren't getting it done it would seem. Bummer, I was excited about that experiment.

The good news is only 1 of the 24 NH-Rocks are pig food, so far. I feared worse as the weather has been swinging heavily and we heat with wood, maintaining temp in the 'bator has been hell.

Last edited:
Candled and found 2 with blood rings. The other 12 are looking good so far but a few are hard to tell with how thick the shells are. About 5 minutes ago this little guy popped out though. First successful quail hatch!

Went very fast, I got to see it pip this morning and zip when I got home from work! Very loud for its size.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom