Late January Hatch?

I feel your pain! Good luck with your hatch!
1f603.png

Good luck to you both!
I will likely candle again at day 7 and 14 and then leave them alone until they hatch! As long as the air cell progression is going well I don't think I'll be able to rectify much in the last 4 days...

I hope I'm not too late to join in! I just set 12 serama eggs today. My first hatch and my incubator is homemade, so we will see how it goes.
fl.gif

I hope I'm not too late to join in! I just set 12 serama eggs today. My first hatch and my incubator is homemade, so we will see how it goes.
:fl

Welcome! I'm using a homemade incubator as well made up out of a kritter keeper, reptile heating pad and aluminum foil and wrapped/covered in a blanket. What did you make yours out of? This is my "test run".

Hi butterfliesdoku!

This is my test run too, I have a wooden box (stained and sealed) with a plexiglass lid,and a few vent holes added in there. I am using a 100 watt light bulb and a USB fan for heat/ventilation. The light is plugged into an apollo seed mat thermoregulator thing.

So far it is maintaining the temp but I think my humidity might be a little low. It is at 31% right now, but I worry that while I am away during the day it could dry out. I would like to see it at 35% for my own comfort. I am thinking about adding a humidifier to the room it is in to see if that helps a but.we will see.

Last edited:
I have 3 Black Orpingtons. One has been broody for the last 3 weeks. On Wednesday, I red about buying fertilized eggs at Trader Joes and Whole Foods. My TJ did not carry in our region in Iowa. I called Whole Foods and they had fertilized eggs. The sell by dates were 1/9/16. I layed out 6 room temperature eggs into the nest and let Henny Penny lay on them. This afternoon, she kicked out one egg. I'm hoping the eggs are still alive. Poor Penny has no feathers on her tummy and head.

Back
Top Bottom