Late Winter Quilt Block Swap -----> March 1 due date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to receiving my squares also. I bet they will be lovely. I'm sorry I wasn't in the next swap and look forward to future ones. I am up to my ears in baby stuff right now. I've made two blankets, reversible, 10 fancy burp cloths made out of prefolded diapers, one baby quilt and have two more cut out and have two or three tote bags to make. One quilt doesn't have to be ready until early July as I'll take it and a tote bag back with me when I go back to see the new great grandbaby. I also have to finsh an afghan for a friends birthday and another baby afghan for a friend who is due in Sept.
You wore me out just reading about all those ! Congrats again on the new addition.

yeah!!!
wee.gif

wow your going to be busy too Baustin
Busy, yes. I am making another split rail fence quilt for my daughters baby and I have all the strips made that I need and cut so tomorrow I can put them together to make the top. If I get the top done tomorrow then I can layer and quilt it and have plenty of time for the rest. My future grat granddaughter is getting a baby quilt with appliqued cats on it. It's the cutest pattern and I've been wanting to make it so now I have the chance. I need it finished by July. we plan on going back for my daughters graduation , getting her medical degree and the baby is due just before graduation so I can hand deliver it. I was going to make something for my daughters graduation but can't get it done in time. She's graduating several months earlier than expected.

Are we almost ready to watch for blocks in the mail? It sounds like everyone is so busy. Don't forget to take time to soak up some Spring time! I thought I smelled plastic the other day and it was fresh rain. It's seems so long since I've smelled that wonderful rain:)

Everyone has been very quiet this weekend so we must have had nice weather all over, I know I am fighting the uncontrollable urge to go plant my garden, we are supposed to get cold again, ole man winter is just trying to hang on. I image Marty will mail blocks early this coming week, she should have everything. Time to start stalking the mailman, yeah, I can't wait.

I finished the quilt top for my up and coming granddaughter. I also got the backing done so tomorrow I layer and start free motion quilting. I still do stippling. I don't feel confident enough to go any fancier. I'll have it finished in time for the baby shower on April 6th. Then I have two totes to do but they won't take long. I don't have to have them for the shower if I don't get them finished by then but it would be nice to have them done also. Will post photo when finished.

I'm looking forward to my blocks also.

I started the incubator on the 15th. I have 10 eggs in there and all but two are banty eggs. I hope I have some luck with them. I'm gardening a little every day and the weather has turned very warm, so much that my fruit trees are in full bloom and I'm sure we'll get more cold weather that could hurt them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom