Lav/Lav split chicks- Harry look ;) lav ameraucana

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
Ok, after having to mail these to myself because I don't have the patience to fiddle with them here they are, not great pics but here they are.
on the left is the one that was labeled pure ameraucana? the right is one of the lav ee but looks just like it, just a little bigger
11313_new_pics4.jpg

these gals kept running away so the pic is a little blurry. the one front, left is the candidate I think will be best for the araucana. It is the same size with no tassels and clean faced. I will try to get better pics some other time when I have help
11313_new_pics.jpg

Last edited:
woot.gif
Those babies are so cute Krista! Good luck with your projects.
thumbsup.gif

Jody

I also just hatched out some of Harry's eggs: Lav/Black and Lav/Lav Ameraucanas. I got 9 chickies, three of which are lavender and the rest will at least carry the lavender gene, and can just maybe share it with more of my blue and black Ameraucanas...

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Here is a picture of the first four
8523_img_3708.jpg

Susan

Last edited:
I just put my lavender cockerel over my black hens and got an egg yesterday. I cracked it open and it was fertile!!!

So I will be hatching some split birds pretty soon.

Congratulations on the babies.

Quote:
wow they are super cute....just added another breed to my wish list...lavender ameraucanas...I need to build a bigger coop!!
lol.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Krista and Susan I am so happy you hatched some lovely chicks. I know shipping eggs are always a chance. You now have something that presently is rare to improve them to the standard.
I am glad I had the chance to share them with such nice individuals, you deserve all of the best of luck with them. Wait till you see how beautiful they will be when they are full grown. I know you are probably mesmerized right now by these gorgeously looking chicks like I was when I hatched my very first lone chick a few years ago.

PouletsDeCajun, They are Large fowl.

Good luck also to everyone else that bought eggs or birds from me. Humbley, Harry Shaffer

PouletsDeCajun,
Yes, they are available in bantams. Sara, on BYC I believe had a pair for sale. She should also have eggs this spring. You can PM her but she will be awhile because she emailed me her computer was down. I could try her husband email if you like just PM me as such. The bantams were my wife's favorite but the hawks would pick them off so I sold them and Sara got my last male and some pullets from John BLehm. The male is also his blood line. Hope that help. Harry

Back
Top Bottom