Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DMRippy, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Little Wing

Little Wing Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Congrats on the new Lavs. You will love them. I got my first mailed chicks about a month ago and it was Lavs and Blacks. I know the feeling, we were so excited. They are doing great and growing fast.
    Good luck!
  2. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

So excited. We have had 4 lavender hatch so far from our flock. They are Blehm lines. Want at least one rooster. Also looking for a nice buck black roo for our breeding program.
  3. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Amen Brother. Negativity need not apply[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
  5. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

i got mine on the 3rd of this month from Paul as well. what pen numbers did you get punched on your lavs and blacks.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  6. mabhera

mabhera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    Two days ago arrived my Blehm chicks. 5 lavs lf and 4 bantam. I also got blacks, buff and silver in bantam and LF. I'm so happy.
  7. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    the dirt idea works ! if you do use corid it is good to use a full dose for the recommended time ( 5 days if I recall) then half dos another 5 to build a resistance
    congrats on all the new lavender chicks. Such a pretty breed
  8. buckabucka

buckabucka Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    My two-week old lavender chick that I thought was suffering from "failure to thrive" appears to be improving somewhat. I had thought she and the sick Basque were suffering from cocci, but once I got them eating again, the Basque started running around and acting like a normal chick. The lavender spends a lot of time eating, but otherwise she just stands there, no digging or quick movements.
    Today I saw her jump up on something and flap her wings. She is definitely the smallest and she does spend a lot of time under the Ecoglow, but I'm hoping the small improvements will lead to bigger ones. Time will tell.
  9. Redeemed

Redeemed Chillin' With My Peeps

I got mine Tuesday and they are beautiful. I am hoping to see more discussion about colors. I love John's chickens and he is one whale of a nice guy. My are based on his stock and come from Snowbird . It is always Great when I can do business with a brother in Christ. . They have an unmistakable "look" which I admire very much.
  10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Congrats on your babies.. We love our lavendar Ameraucanas as well........Some of the first babies born from them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by