Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
You should pat yourself on the back, as should Sarah- he's from the first stock I got from her in September. He's got his own harem with stock from other flocks, and soon I'll have Joy's fabulous English blood to mix in there. (rubbing hands diabolically...) Muwhahahahahahaha!!!

The mad chicken-genetics scientist at work....hahahahaha!!

You should see what all I've got going on with Orps...it'd make a sane man's head spin. I can't help it. I'm obsessed.

Tell us, sounds fun.
big_smile.png

Okay, well, I'm having my mom see about her English neighbor who goes over constantly whose mom raises birds check on bringing home the chocolate gene, but for things actually IN the works, I have: Porcelain Orps, Porcelain Sussex, Isabel Buckeyes, Lavender Jersey Giants, bantam Lavender Salmon Faverolles, and about a dozen other crazy endeavors. My brain is wallpapered in Punnett squares. Anyone interested in an Ermine Lakenvelder?

Lunatic. Flat out.

Mercy Renee !! You definitely sound like The Mad Chicken Scientist !!
D.gif

Wilds Of PA - What kind of English Orps do you have? I'm always looking for new English bloodlines. Can you tell me what breeder you got them from? As mentioned, I'm always interested in English Orps.

Last edited:
I think one of my barred olive eggers is chocolate. No lie. She has really poor barring, but I don't care, because I want to lose the barring anyhow and cross her on some orps and other stuff I have. I will have to remember to take my camera next time I go feed. She is broody right now but I think I can drag her out and make her show her stuff, I mean, her FLUFF! LOL

Quote:
Where did she come from? What were her parents? I'm curious about some of the coloring in one of my EEs and I'm wondering if it couldn't be hiding in the nonsense that makes up the coloring of some of the EEs in the States same way it's hiding in some of the Seramas.

Quote:
The guy who is given credit for the Choc gene, Clive Carefoot, just came upon someone who had mutts in Australia who happen to have this mutation. And he prolly bought them for a few bucks and took them home to work them into Orp type. It wouldn't surprise me at all someone will poke the right numbers into the right combo to make one here. Clive never let his secret out what was used by the Australian farmer to make these mutts, who he bought the original Chocs from. It is a matter of time and luck. I don't play the lottery but I will poke around with my mutts. I have some Blue girls who have a tannish rusty color lacing. One bird has a wing feather that is nearly half this rusty brown color. I can see throwing some of them girls back to their brother to play the Chocolate Brown gene lottery. IF you don't try to look for it, you will for sure not find it.

Back
Top Bottom