Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
Just have to ask, are you sure that is an orpington chick? It has very black and petite legs as well as a solid black beak, not what I am familiar with seeing on lavender orpingtons??The conformation at three weeks doesn't seem right for an orpington either.
hu.gif

No, we got her from a local gal who claims she hatched eggs from "top breeders". Here's a pic of her....What do you think?

97480_chick6.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Just have to ask, are you sure that is an orpington chick? It has very black and petite legs as well as a solid black beak, not what I am familiar with seeing on lavender orpingtons??The conformation at three weeks doesn't seem right for an orpington either.
hu.gif

No, we got her from a local gal who claims she hatched eggs from "top breeders". Here's a pic of her....What do you think?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/97480_chick6.jpg

That's a better pic but I don't think that chick is 3 weeks old, looks more like a one week old. You should start to see a growth spurt and gangly stage in the coming next couple of weeks.
big_smile.png

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/97480_chick6.jpg

That's a better pic but I don't think that chick is 3 weeks old, looks more like a one week old. You should start to see a growth spurt and gangly stage in the coming next couple of weeks.
big_smile.png

No....she's definitely 3 weeks old. I've had her since Friday 6/3. If anything, she should be older than 3 weeks! I'm so confused now!
barnie.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png

No....she's definitely 3 weeks old. I've had her since Friday 6/3. If anything, she should be older than 3 weeks! I'm so confused now!
barnie.gif

Did you get to see the parent stock? Bantam lav Ameraucana???
hide.gif
If it is an orp at three weeks plus in age I would have to say cockerel with that slow of feathering (my opinion from my personal lav hatchings) most of my girls are much further in feathering by that age. Keep up posted, sorry about your confusion.
hmm.png

Quote:
barnie.gif

hide.gif
If it is an orp at three weeks plus in age I would have to say cockerel with that slow of feathering (my opinion from my personal lav hatchings) most of my girls are much further in feathering by that age. Keep up posted, sorry about your confusion.
hmm.png

No. That's why I'm so darn confuse! I saw a picture of their cockerel. And it LOOKS small in the picture, but he was by his lonesome so it's hard to judge. Oh, well. I guess time will tell!

Quote:
hide.gif
hmm.png

No. That's why I'm so darn confuse! I saw a picture of their cockerel. And it LOOKS small in the picture, but he was by his lonesome so it's hard to judge. Oh, well. I guess time will tell!

My Lavender project Orps were smaller in the earlier generations than the later generation.
Maybe your Lavender came from earlier generation parents?
idunno.gif

These are 5 or 6 day olds from my stock. You can see the wing feathers coming in on some of these already. Yours just doesn't look like a 3 week old project lav orp should look like at that age. Maybe it's just a late bloomer or from someones earlier generation lav flock.
idunno.gif

000_0259.jpg

Back
Top Bottom