This cross wasn’t intentional (lol) and I was concerned chicks would have weird plumage but nope! They were darling chicks and now they’re beautiful.. solid black birds.. just like @JacinLarkwell predicted. Mom’s name is Pickles so we call this batch of babies “the gherkins”
:p
. View attachment 2889749View attachment 2889754
Do you have updated pics of your babies all grown up? It seems we may have a lavender roo (they are only 8 weeks, so still figuring it all out), and I am wondering what we would get if we crossed him with the black copper maran ladies! Thank you in advance ❤️

Do you have updated pics of your babies all grown up? It seems we may have a lavender roo (they are only 8 weeks, so still figuring it all out), and I am wondering what we would get if we crossed him with the black copper maran ladies! Thank you in advance ❤️
How fun! Our ladies turned out black from the dominance but eggs are great because they’re strong shelled but not too thick like full maran. I’ll find a few pics here but be aware we have a mixed flock so will take some detective work to ‘weed out’ the Ameracauna/Maran in the yard too. But yes, beautiful birds and would be cool to see what the opposite cross would be! Thanks for reaching out!

Attachments

• 9B3B44CE-1651-478E-8F20-574F872C697E.jpeg
    9B3B44CE-1651-478E-8F20-574F872C697E.jpeg
    940.9 KB · Views: 8
  • C76BC08A-4DAA-4BBE-A2DC-35A6967095D6.jpeg
    C76BC08A-4DAA-4BBE-A2DC-35A6967095D6.jpeg
    763 KB · Views: 9
How fun! Our ladies turned out black from the dominance but eggs are great because they’re strong shelled but not too thick like full maran. I’ll find a few pics here but be aware we have a mixed flock so will take some detective work to ‘weed out’ the Ameracauna/Maran in the yard too. But yes, beautiful birds and would be cool to see what the opposite cross would be! Thanks for reaching out!
Oh wow! How fun!! They look like black orpingtons with the beautiful green color from the marans! Soo pretty!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! ❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom