Lavender Orp's

The White chick in the 3rd picture on the left hand side, does it have feathered legs/ feet?
If so it might be a Wheaton Marans [if you got them also]

Chris

Quote:
Is it possible that another marans hatched instad of the lavender orp? That doesnt look like a lav coloring.

From what I gather from other members that responded to the thread is that the breed is an ongoing project and there will be variations.
The one on the left is definitely a Wheaten.
Thanks!
smile.png

When you bought the eggs did they specifically say "Lavender Oprington". Like all have said before me the "Lav Orp" is a project bird. I sell eggs on ebay and always say "Project" and specifically what the ourcome will be (split black lav chicks, mottled chicks etc). You are off to a good start if you want to further a project, just take what you have that looks traitwise to the standard and breed from there. We who are doing projects, can get all the answers from BYC members who are doing exceptional work in that particular area.

Quote:
They said Lavender Orpington, and continue to. I just left the area...LOL!
It's okay, I've been enlightened and know what to expect!
I really appreciate everyone's input and knowledge and most of all patience with me.
I have more pictures!!!!
60979_november_18_2010_hatch_0101_color_temp.jpg

60979_november_18_2010_hatch_0051.jpg

60979_november_18_2010_hatch_003.jpg

You got one Lav Mottled and one Lav! How lucky are you!?

Her auctions do say Project clearly, but are assuming most folks know what that means. It's in the listing, though. She has some of the nicest birds around! Very nice score!!

Back
Top Bottom