Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I can't do a wide shot because this room is still a mess, not put back together just yet. I've been lazy!
IMAG5222.jpg
IMAG5221.jpg

Not exactly the color of the babies but close enough..in my mind!
IMO, nothing in this world is exact. The more you know, the more you realize it.
What counts most is that it is gorgeous!, and it is inspired by the most beautiful chicken plumage in the world.
(not that I have any bias or anything!) :lau

Too many chicks. They are too cute too!
Set a 'back up' incubator with 15 eggs that went to lockdown and 12 already hatched. Theory being that if the first incubation was a total 'bust' -- then it would only be one week to see if more chicks could hatch.

P1060861.JPG

P1060860.JPG

P1060859.JPG

P1060858.JPG

Now there are as many chicks inside as grown birds outside.

MS was supposed to give reduced hatch rates right? Wrong -- the first hatch was 79% and this hatch is at 80% thus far -- with another one or two that may bump up the percentage tomorrow. What?
:eek:
In general, for their first 24 hours, I try to not handle/mess with them too much. I'm pretty sure that this batch has a couple of head spot males.
:celebrate

It's so much too bad that MS is there.

Meanwhile, due to circumstances unforseen when I started the project, I'm going to move away. Now this is really another wrinkle. Here I have a gorgeous place with over 10-acres...perfect set up for chicken-raising -- tailored to my exact specifications, custom built garage -- and I'm gong to move away. Timing unknown...a friend of mine in this area said his house was on the market for 4-years before he sold it...so this could be an event in the far future.... but one thing is certain -- and that is that the future is uncertain.
:th

You could move closer to me too. Just sayin' ;)

Our house in North Carolina was on the market for 9 years before it sold. Lazy, lazy realtors. Wound up having to take a ten thousand dollar loan just to pay it off the rest of the way because the only offer we got was a horrible low ball (may the buyer be torn apart by rabid Tasmanian devils)

You could move closer to me too. Just sayin' ;)

Our house in North Carolina was on the market for 9 years before it sold. Lazy, lazy realtors. Wound up having to take a ten thousand dollar loan just to pay it off the rest of the way because the only offer we got was a horrible low ball (may the buyer be torn apart by rabid Tasmanian devils)
Hey.....she is mine!
I want her closer to me, besides moving closer to me will be easier, we are already pretty close as it is! LOL
AND you probably get that nasty white stuff in your area...yuk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom