Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
This morning 5 more chicks - this time from the incubator.
P1070465.JPG
P1070464.JPG

I'm thinking 2 female and 3 male -- but it will be clearer when they are fluffed out?? Both facing the bottom of the picture females.

Hurry up and fluff out.
I want to "sex" them!
:lau:gig
Kikisgirls, you are always an inspiration to me. ;)

If I can get these picts uploaded before the storm blows in....
P1070466.JPG

Darker ones are girls -- lighter ones are boys -- and these boys are really light!
Here are some individual shots
P1070473.JPG
P1070470.JPG
P1070472.JPG

Diffused dorsal stripes-- that one should be 'the end' -- but there is a blurry one here that shows one with headspot barely visible.
P1070471.JPG

Still easy to determine which sex they are....and that was a goal for the project. Now I'm wondering if this generation would be one that would benefit from breeding back to a nice crele Leghorn -- to boost the pigment, OR will their adult feathers be non-faded and the beautiful LPID coloration of the parents of these chicks? hmmm

Still easy to determine which sex they are....and that was a goal for the project. Now I'm wondering if this generation would be one that would benefit from breeding back to a nice crele Leghorn -- to boost the pigment, OR will their adult feathers be non-faded and the beautiful LPID coloration of the parents of these chicks? hmmm
You won’t know unless you hatch some ;)

:lau:gig
Kikisgirls, you are always an inspiration to me. ;)

If I can get these picts uploaded before the storm blows in....
View attachment 1403472
Darker ones are girls -- lighter ones are boys -- and these boys are really light!
Here are some individual shots
View attachment 1403474 View attachment 1403486 View attachment 1403504
Diffused dorsal stripes-- that one should be 'the end' -- but there is a blurry one here that shows one with headspot barely visible.
View attachment 1403515
:wootI can tell them apart easily!

I can not wait for them to feather out!
:fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom