Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Sooo nervous. Haven't candled since week one -- and tonight, I will candle and put the good ones in lockdown -- take out the turner, boost humidity and keep fingers crossed -- Sat. or Sun. should be hatch day if any get into lockdown.
:th
Thanks for the good thoughts y'all -- keep those positive vibes aimed toward the incubator---- the rest of the story, TBD
:fl

Sooo nervous. Haven't candled since week one -- and tonight, I will candle and put the good ones in lockdown -- take out the turner, boost humidity and keep fingers crossed -- Sat. or Sun. should be hatch day if any get into lockdown.
:th
Thanks for the good thoughts y'all -- keep those positive vibes aimed toward the incubator---- the rest of the story, TBD
:fl
Keeping good vibes heading your way.
They hatch will be great.
Don't stress too much...you got this!

Tomorrow is the day the eggs are due to hatch...
went in to check them, verify the humidity and set up the brooder.

:eek:

Heard peeping
:ya
:wee
:celebrate

P1060833.JPG

chick 1 -- so little!
P1060834.JPG

and while I was messing around --- heard peeping again:
chick 2017 Oct 27.jpg

see, I'm so overly eager that I open the incubator for each chick -- Hopefully I didn't harm those two pipping. Decided it will be best to turn off the light and leave them until morning. A little bit sticky -- humidity too low? -- it is 71% right now.

I think this is a male first and a female second.....They were still wettish.... The first chick has this tuft at the very back of the head - which looks like an out of focus blurr in the 'close up' and sticks directly backwards in the 'silhouette'.
ETA, oh yeah, my camera lens steamed up when I put the camera partially in the incubator -- there is a temperature difference between the incubator and the room.

:fl 20 eggs went into 'lockdown'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom