Lavender split Silkie cockerel, FREE - Catdance Silkies

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
Offering this 7 month old Lavender split Silkie cockerel free to a good home. He is right around 7 months old, is from my NPIP certified flock and was vaccinated for Marek's Disease at hatch. I need to finish clearing out my grow-out pens, so just want to find a good home for this boy if someone could use him. He is out of a black lavender split roo and a lavender hen, so he should produce lavender if bred to lavender or split hens. Would prefer local pick up in southwest Washington or could deliver him to the Puyallup, Wa show on June 1st. I can also ship him IF your weather is cool enough to do it safely. Shipping for one bird runs $55-60 to most locations. Please pm if interested.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in him but I have a question. What exactly is lavender split? I get that it is a color pattern but the part that throws me off is the split part. Thank you for your help!

It means he is carrying the lavender gene although he doesn't look lavender. So if he is bred to lavender or split hens, he can produce lavender chicks. I actually have one that looks exactly like him from Karen's eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom