Lawnmower vs Rooster GRAPHIC PICS/ Saying Goodbye

Quote:
Bio-sphere w/chickens!
big_smile.png

I also have quietly been following the thread and it amazes me how chicken people can be supportive and understanding and helpful. Why can't the whole world just be like chicken people??

A chicken haven would be so cool! Only people who really love their chickens are allowed!
love.gif

We're always dropping hints to our neighbor about what he should do to make his chickens happier. He's kinda old school. He's a great guy, we just don't quite see eye-to-eye when it comes to chickens.
idunno.gif
At least he doesn't laugh at me though!

Thanks for the kind words. I just get so annoyed with some of my family! I LOVE
love.gif
my chickens
love.gif
I don't see why that is so hard to understand! The sister that is such a witch has chicken and rooster stuff alll over her house! I guess she just likes the old fashioned look of all of it, just not the animals themselves. DUH!
smack.gif

Hearing about Kubota is like a soap opera, isn't it?
gig.gif
Just without the sex. Poor fella.
lau.gif

lau.gif

Well the Romeo of our soap opera is still hanging in there. In fact, I am hesitant to say it
fl.gif
but his comb color is a little better. Still definitely pale, but way better than yesterday !

The problem now is he has recognized his star status and will only eat certain things... yesterday sardines, today raspberries! I realize that is not the protein he needs, but I guess whatever he will eat will have to do for now? I will make a run later and buy some more crickets. (have to go buy chicken feed and bandages - since I am a dork and left the rolled bandage on top of the kennel last night where it ended up rolling / being blown / horse took it off and it was in the mud.
barnie.gif
)

I will put him in his sling for a while, then sugardine him while I am gone, then regular wrap until tomorrow. My vet (the wife) works tomorrow and they are going to have her call me to check on Kubota and see if there is anything she can do for him.

LOL You ppl are funny!! It is like a soap as I keep logging in to see how they are doing.
hugs.gif

Hey...we could organize our own reality show about stuff like this & ppl savin' critters! It would all start with Kubota & Lori!!!
pop.gif

th.gif
Ahhh, I guess it wouldn't get enough viewers though. Ppl with hearts like this are a minority unfortunately. Lori, again, you are one of them...God Bless.
love.gif

Wow, this thread is amazing. Lori, you're doing such a fantastic job, and it seems like Kubota is drawing on your energy, love, and hard work to get himself healed!

Chickens really are amazingly resilient animals. I have one girl recovering from a coyote bite (pretty large chunk taken out of her back) and the rate at which she is healing is astounding, esp. when a human with a comparably-sized injury would be in the hospital for weeks. When they don't want to give up, it's hard to stop them!

Good luck and I look forward to seeing how this works out for you and Kubota (love his name, BTW!).

Well I just got off of a live talk show from 'Backyard Poultry With the Chicken Whisperer' as the host. SOOOOOO many ppl on there that luv chickens!!!!!!!!!!!! I told them about Kubota & you ,Lori!!! Was great.
Blessings

Back
Top Bottom