Laws and ordinances in Hillsborough County, Tampa, FL

There is a group on Facebook for Hillsborough County Citizens for Backyard Chickens and apparently they went to a
County Meeting to discuss. I remember that some wanted Roosters and this will just not work~! The surrounding counties have laws allowing chickens and their laws could be used as a template for Hillsborough but I don't think this was presented and so we didn't get the zoning allowance. I feel it was not presented properly.

I dont know who went to a meeting. I was in that fb group and all they were doing was sharing frivolous bs - nothing to do about the backyard chickens. I finally left the group. And the girl who started the position had said she didnt have time for it, so I dont know if someone took over the petition or what happened.

I dont expect backyard chickens for rural Hillsborough County because that would just make too much sense for any government involvement to comprehend.

I am surrounded by agricultural land but my little neighborhood cant have chickens - but one block down the road begins where chickens are allowed and they have moved to my neighborhood as there are two families who take on chickens they go buy in auctions and then when they get bored with them or run out of money to feed them, they decide to let them go.

And I have had to have PETA get involved, and they had the AG Sheriff to get involved, who had to have State Dept. of AG to get involved --- because our county AG Sheriff doesnt even know what animal cruelty is. He was a snot-mouthed man to me and it just made me realize how even ignorant hicks can get a job as a sheriff and I dont trust any of these people because that makes me realize how you can be put in jail as a innocent person because these people are ignorant.

It all turned out good, thankfully. The State Dept informed the ignorant AG Sheriff on what is animal cruelty. The neighbor who was poisoning adult chickens and smothering baby chickens was finally told he cant do that, after this ignorant Sheriff told me there was nothing wrong with his doing that. But it appears he had to retract his ignorant stupidity.

However, I now have another neighbor, who has had a boy from down the road to come try to catch hens. He is using something like a butterfly net. Which the chickens can be hurt by his doing this. The hens were freaking out, which is abusive. The baby chicks were freaking out because some idiot was swatting this thing at their mothers, which that is abusive to the baby chicks and it is cruelty take hens from chicks, as the chicks will die without their mother.

PETA told me that nobody can be out here swatting at hens with butterfly nets. A licensed professional trapper must be called. The chickens are not to be separated from their family. The trapper would have to trap every single one of them and move them properly to a safe home, together as a family.

So, if my neighbors continue in their ignorance, I may have to contact PETA, yet again, to get involved. And the reason I will be contacting PETA and not our AG Sheriff is because our AG Sheriff has proven to be as ignorant as my neighbors are and I dont trust him.

My chickens have been living on my mother's property, six miles away on agricultural land, since February of this year, 2016. I just think it is ridiculous that chickens are all around me but I am not allowed to have mine here. This hick neighborhood was agricultural land for years. I dont know when it got changed. I have been in this area all of my life.

I have 3 Nieghbors here in Riverview in Residential nieghborhood that have Roosters, they crow all day and night and when it`s nice and cool out I like to open the windows at night but I can`t cause of the Roosterscroing all night. I tried to talk to them because on Backyard chickens Tampa ordinance # 2013-101 says chickens are OK but no Rooster. Now they leave nasty notes in my mail box and when I do approach them the say no speek English. They are Spanish. They think this is Green Acres around here. I talk to Code Enforce ment Office and he said if you can see them from your yard take a 22 and shoot them. What is with these Code Enforcement .

Back
Top Bottom