Layer feed or grower??

Melissal5

Chirping
Jul 21, 2020
I have some girls who are 18 weeks and some who are 16 weeks none are laying. I also have 2 roosters. I'm wondering if it's ok to continue feeding what I'm feeding (pics attached) while supplying oyster shells or if I should switch to layer and if so when and will it hurt the non layers and roosters?

Attachments

• 20200722_085626.jpg
    20200722_085626.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200722_085648.jpg
    20200722_085648.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 2
I have some girls who are 18 weeks and some who are 16 weeks none are laying. I also have 2 roosters. I'm wondering if it's ok to continue feeding what I'm feeding (pics attached) while supplying oyster shells or if I should switch to layer and if so when and will it hurt the non layers and roosters?
Chick food won't hurt them, though it might make them fat. It's better to feed allflock. It's generally recommended to switch to layer at sixteen weeks. You'll definitely want to do that once they start laying. Remember to switch feeds gradually.

I think you are okay with what you have until they start laying and feeding the oyster feed as a side dish when they do. They will know when to take it.

Back
Top Bottom