Laying Shell-less Eggs

I'm in the UK so I'm not sure that our tablets would be the same dosage as in the US, so it's helpful to have that figure of 400mg.
400 mg is lower than what some folks on this site use (I usually see 600, 650mg listed, I think people just get what they can find at the store) but so far it seems to do the trick for my oldest birds, who are sporadic layers but have thinning shells, so I was mainly looking to harden up their shells enough so they can safely get them out without breaking. But with a bantam that's a regular layer I would think a lower dose pill would be appropriate since they're obviously smaller.

Hope the tablets do the trick for your bird!

Thank you. That's also helpful. There might be something else amiss because it's a sudden change but it's worth trying to start with.
I'll have to go to a health food store or a pharmacist and just see what they have.
BTW Hope you don't mind my asking, but I live near Scarborough so I was wondering whether you have any connection with it?

BTW Hope you don't mind my asking, but I live near Scarborough so I was wondering whether you have any connection with it?
I'm in the US. :)

EDIT: Oh goodness I just realized why you asked, it's my title under my user name lol. It's just a joke because people kept asking me if I was referencing the song lyrics, and the answer is yes.

Last edited:
I'm in the US. :)

EDIT: Oh goodness I just realized why you asked, it's my title under my user name lol. It's just a joke because people kept asking me if I was referencing the song lyrics, and the answer is yes.
Oh, that makes sense! I'd seen you were in US.
I love the tune to that song, and find it fascinating because it's a version of a very ancient song that has many different versions. The earlier versions set the scene with an Elfin Knight sat on a hill and wanting to marry a young girl. People believed that situations like the seashore (the acre of land to plough), that are neither one thing nor the other, allowed spirits to pass to other realms, so in some ways it's quite a spooky song.
I grow sage, rosemary and time but not parsley :)

Back
Top Bottom