Lazy or Pratical...??

I say it's convient. I'm sure you can save alot of money by putting the peanut butter into a small container though, but it IS kind of hard to wash out of there.....sticky and messy.

But they do have these tiny, cute and cheap glad containers that are perfect for salad dressing or peanut butter or dips for one person...I think I would use those.

I'd have to pack my lunch before bed though...I never seem to have enough time in the morning.

I'd say using the containers is a very "green" thing to do too, rather than throwing out the plastic thing each day.....

It's also very FRUGAL!

Your right I have no clue what she does for a living or if she has kids. She was wearing jeans and a t-shirt; if she has kids they could have been in school. It was just the fact that she said she use to pack peanut butter every day, but got sick of washing the conatiner everynight. For her to admit she got sick of washing the tupperware nightly; made me think that she is taking the short cut. She had many other groceries, so I know she cooks and has some types of dishes to do. So why wouldn't you spend one more minute to wash a container, to save you money. Maybe she doens't care about saving money; but she did break out a stack of coupons.

No one mentioned a thing about her running out for a burger or anything like that. I was just questioning the fact that she said she use to pack peanut butter in a tupperware every day, but then she got sick of washing the container every night. I d

Kickin.Cowgirl :

I think its kinda lazy.... we don't eat it but I make it when I need it rather than buy it....when I did buy it sat in the fridge forever...

Is it hard to make your own peanut butter?? I am always cooking new things and I just love cooking & being in the kitchen. I have never thought about making our own peanut butter. I might have to try this out one of these days. I will have to add that to my list of things to do. I saw in pinterest they were making paper mache items- so that is my next project that I would like to do.​

Ok, so I figured out something about myself on this thread. I am both cheap and lazy. I but the biggest jar of PB I can find, for the cheapest price, Then eat it right out of the jar till its gone. (yeah, I never grew up and still raid the cupboards big time) Then I give the jar to the dog to lick out the rest sticking to the sides. Then I rinse it, then into the dish washer. I find with this method I spend less, do less washing and dont have a mountain of garbage to tend to.
smile.png

I don't think it is lazy. Single packaged items, however, give my hippie self nightmares. So...much waste.

Whether it lazy or not, I won't say, but I can guarantee you that it's not economical....She is probably paying 3-4 the cost per lb. than she would for the quart sized jars.

It's not really an issue of being lazy or practical. If you honestly dislike doing something, who wouldn't pay a little extra to not have to mess with it?

And if its a money issue, the woman can spend her money as she sees fit. I'm more than capable of changing the oil and doing a tuneup on my truck, but its so much easier and quicker to pay someone else to do it. Frees me up to do other stuff too.

I don't eat peanut butter so I don't know about it but I live in a small, downright tiny household and it takes forever to finish off a jar of something. After a while it gets bad and you have to throw it out. So I would probably go with the smaller packages to keep the remaining stuff fresh.

Back
Top Bottom