Learn how to draw chickens!

Here is how to draw a Ring-necked Dove

Draw the body and the head. It will probably take you many tries to get the beak, it still takes me awhile. You want to get just a slightly curving beak on the bottom, and on the top draw straight and then curve down, make it over lap the lower half the slightest bit. Do not make the head too tall, make it a nice curve on the front and make it long enough for the eye and then curve it back down.

Add more body and add the eye. For the eye carefully start at the back and curve it around and give it a slight point where the ends meet at the back.

Continue adding body, do the tail feather shape with a nice 1/2 inch curve and then do two smaller ones just above the tail.

Add the wing shape and some feather design, do nice long lines leading up to the curve on the feathers.

Add even more feather design, still being careful not to add too many feathers, add some lines to fill some of the blank places.

Finish touching up the feathers, add some lines in a couple feathers and on the main body. Add a line between the beak and the eye, make sure it is not too thin and that it curves up slightly to meet the bottom of the eye. Add a small curving line about a centimeter below the eye line.

Add a branch to help see the dove better, make sure it is around where the feet would be, add little shapes for the feet, do not make them very big.

And finally, dab with an eraser on the eye line to make it slightly lighter, with a dark pencil, I use 8B, or a pen put a small ring on the other end of the neck. Colour in the eye with the same pencil/pen making sure to leave a small white patch near the top. Lastly add shading below the wing and in between the feathers in different places, below the branch, and under and the front of the body. This is the finished product.

This is a version of the dove coloured in. If you want to learn how to colour the dove than ask in this thread.

I will probably work on doing the Silkie again.

goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom