Learning all I can about call ducks !

Pics
View attachment 1031639 I don't know how to get videos on here or I would video them playing in their deck pool! Its the funniest thing ever! They take turns getting in and out and randomly all jump out at once and race around it in circles stop and preen then start all over again:pop
What a great deck around their pool!

Just let two of my babies go to a new home today. Friend of mine I work with wanted them to give to her little granddaughters. This lady is 75 and can still work circles around most others I work with! I couldn't say no to her! I'm already worried about them. Do they know how to take care of them will they make sure they don't get eat n by an animal or something, will they make sure they always have water when they eat? Uugh. I gotta get over that if I'm gonna have babies I can't keep them all! Good grief ducks are making me crazy. Lol

I'm mad at Ravyn for not telling me about this thread!! :plbb
So I just read the whole thing. Hope you don't mind me jumping in! Mine hatched on March 25th, I have a perfect dozen. So I'm just learning them too. So lucky to have Ravyn as a teacher/mentor/enabler!! lol

With the help of everyone here we have determined they will be blue fawn and grey. The grey have the mallard look. I somehow got a pastel out of my first hatch but none of these seem to be her color. They are all too cute though!

Is it possible that she was mated by another drake, prior to you getting them? Maybe she was still carrying his "schtuff"... lol

lol... yep, they're definitely little talkers... and the girls aren't loud when they're content... it's just once they have something to say, they SAY it! :lau

OMG, since I let mine roam the yard, they yell at me daily to get out.

Well for pity sakes. Memphis just got choked trying to eat a giant slug! Had to pull a big slimy chunk out a his beak! Add that to the list of things I never thought I'd have to do!

:sick

I'm mad at Ravyn for not telling me about this thread!! :plbb
So I just read the whole thing. Hope you don't mind me jumping in! Mine hatched on March 25th, I have a perfect dozen. So I'm just learning them too. So lucky to have Ravyn as a teacher/mentor/enabler!! lol

Is it possible that she was mated by another drake, prior to you getting them? Maybe she was still carrying his "schtuff"... lol

OMG, since I let mine roam the yard, they yell at me daily to get out.

:sick

Sorry!! :oops: :hugs
I would lose my head right now if it wasn't attached, no joke... :/

Oh, and even if the hen was with another drake, that still wouldn't explain the pastel duckling... it takes 2 blue genes to make pastel, 1 from each parent... so I think she has a hidden blue gene... ;)

Back
Top Bottom