Leg bands for Ducks

cayuga26

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Ontario Canada
I am wondering what other's here use for marking there duck. I have six Cayugas and have been looking at legg bands but have had some bad experiences with the bandett's on three ducks I have baught (to small and cut into the leg). I know from banding wild birds that the aluminum butt end bands are considered the safest marking method for birds but im not sure where to get them.

anyways just thaught I would see what others had to say about this,

Thanks

Chris

We used zip-strips on our cayugas, but only needed them for a short time. Not sure if they'd be a long-term solution.

I prefer zip ties. They're cheaper and easier to get. If you melt the end for a couple of seconds then it's a fine long-term solution for ducks and geese - they have such big feet that you can give the tie a lot of growing room.

I've used zip-ties for 4 years with no problems. I had one duck that loved the mud so, mud got caked around the zip tie but , that is the only thing that has ever happened using zip-ties.

Walmart, hardware section, top row ZIP TIES !!!! Keep a record of your colors and ages, etc. It works great! We have black cayugas that we use them on without any problem!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom