1. freddyandfrick

freddyandfrick New Egg

May 26, 2016
    My girl caught her toe and i found her hanging upside down by a straight leg. Yesterday I relocated her inside away from flock and she is resting in a box. Functions seem ok. Will this heal by itself

2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    She needs rest and confinement. Usually they heal up on their own. As long as their isn't any broken bones. I have a pullet who was severely injured by a rooster. Had nervous system damage and leg injuries. I kept her confined for 4 weeks in a 3x2 ft cage and she healed up ok. She is now in my main run and cam successfully roost 20 fee up in a tree.

3. freddyandfrick

freddyandfrick New Egg

May 26, 2016
    Thank you minihorse.

4. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    You're welcome

5. Suprise-Chicks

Suprise-Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi All, so I have the same with Bindi my lavender aruacana, is hooping and not putting pressure on her leg, I think something heavy like a rock fell on her, when free ranging. I can move the leg around and can't feel anything broken, she doesn't flinch, But it's been 2 days and I'm worried about her getting in and out of the nesting box. What should I be looking for?

6. Ellis97

Ellis97 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2016
    I'd like to know others thoughts on this too. We are having a similar problem. I even read about possibly using half of a baby aspirin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by