Leg injury

freddyandfrick

Hatching
May 26, 2016
My girl caught her toe and i found her hanging upside down by a straight leg. Yesterday I relocated her inside away from flock and she is resting in a box. Functions seem ok. Will this heal by itself

She needs rest and confinement. Usually they heal up on their own. As long as their isn't any broken bones. I have a pullet who was severely injured by a rooster. Had nervous system damage and leg injuries. I kept her confined for 4 weeks in a 3x2 ft cage and she healed up ok. She is now in my main run and cam successfully roost 20 fee up in a tree.

Hi All, so I have the same with Bindi my lavender aruacana, is hooping and not putting pressure on her leg, I think something heavy like a rock fell on her, when free ranging. I can move the leg around and can't feel anything broken, she doesn't flinch, But it's been 2 days and I'm worried about her getting in and out of the nesting box. What should I be looking for?

I'd like to know others thoughts on this too. We are having a similar problem. I even read about possibly using half of a baby aspirin.

Back
Top Bottom